Battery is 6 months old and is crap

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I'll chime in with the others here who have no problems. I also have the security package you talk about I think (standard in Europe I believe). Sat for a month while I was away, started at the first push on the start button. Due to other reasons I now sometimes have had it sit for a week or so without starting and get the warning about "battery saving mode enabled" (or something like that) in the Ford pass app. Still never had a problem starting.

I'd think it's the battery going bad/old for those who have to keep on a trickle charger.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My car never left me stranded, but the battery was heavily discharged after a week. And that's still the case even with a new battery, so I'm taking care of it now, so it doesn't sulfate and crap out in a few months. Lead acid batteries don't like to be in a discharged state, so if you want them to last when you're NOT driving the car often, and enough miles to fully charge it, it's MUCH better to keep them charged. Nothing wrong with the car; it's just the way most car batteries are.

I initially considered the more expensive Li-Ion ones for both motorcycles and cars, but they're crap in winter, so definitely not for me where I live, since many months is 100+F, but many more 30+F. They don't like anything less than 60F. They might work, but you're taking a gamble. I know of many guys how tried them, and the few who put up with them, and because they were hell bent on minimizing weight, but no way that'd be an acceptable compromise to me.

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
After weeks of denial and serious procrastination I finally talked to a new service advisor (my previous one was fired). He explained that they would connect my battery to some sort of equipment that would charge up the battery, drain it to zero then recharge it to full. Their system would verify what the battery is doing etc. I waited. An hour and 1/2 later he gave me a receipt for the work done and a new battery. The "old" battery was faulty. Now when I connect it to a trickle charger, it takes only a few minutes to reach 100%. I am a happy camper.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
After weeks of denial and serious procrastination I finally talked to a new service advisor (my previous one was fired). He explained that they would connect my battery to some sort of equipment that would charge up the battery, drain it to zero then recharge it to full. Their system would verify what the battery is doing etc. I waited. An hour and 1/2 later he gave me a receipt for the work done and a new battery. The "old" battery was faulty. Now when I connect it to a trickle charger, it takes only a few minutes to reach 100%. I am a happy camper.
glad you are happy and the dealer solved it. Sometimes A new service advisor can look at the issue differently. Also glad they didn’t give you the run around and replaced the battery.
Sponsored