Sponsored

Battery fuse on 3.7 litre blown?

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Hi on a 2017 Mustang 3.7 Is there a fuse that is connected to the positive or negative battery terminal? If so if you reversed polarity by mistak by hooking it up opposite negative to positive. Could that infact blow that fuse and give an error message saing "charging system Service Now" error code?

Would a scan tool in the Obd port let me know what is causing that code? I put a new battery in after I reversed the negative to positive and vice versa by mistake as I put the battery in backsways since it was a weird battery. Could a scan tool let me know what is cause this message? Or just change the fuse?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Anyone? It would mean a lot if anyone can answer?

Much appreciated,

Ninpop9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
Reversing polarity when installing a battery is a big no-no but shit happens I guess. Anyways, I get a scan tool hooked up to it and see what the issue is. If the car starts and drives normally with everything functioning you should be fine. Also check the voltage reading on the dash if its normal (14.2-14.4) thats good.

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do I check the voltage on the dash? Im not good with these things:(
Thnx

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Don't know if you still have your owners' manual? Voltage is in your Information Display, accessed through the steering wheel buttons on the left side.
Screenshot (68).png

Screenshot (69).png
Screenshot (70).png

HTH...
Sponsored