• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: GT Base to Sync 3 Swap 15-17 GT/EB/V6 - DIY Kit

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
SOLD

sync-3-upgrade.jpg

WILL NOT WORK WITH GT350.

These are the Sync 3 components that I removed from my 17 GT Base before I traded it. It's everything you need to convert a base Sync system (with the calculator buttons) to Sync 3, including CarPlay and Android Auto. This is a non-nav APIM and cannot be upgraded to factory nav without substituting a nav APIM. However, you'll be able to use Google Maps etc. through CarPlay and/or Android Auto, which is exactly what I do with my GT350 that came with factory nav.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A PLUG AND PLAY KIT:

I cannot emphasize this enough. If you buy this and throw it in your car, it will not work. In order to install this kit, you need to:
  1. Have a working knowledge of how to change your as-built data using FORScan. You will need a Windows PC, an appropriate adapter such as an ODBLink MX Bluetooth, and the FORScan software with an extended license. For full functionality, you MUST update the as-built in your Body Control Module, ABS Module, Instrument Panel Cluster Module, and Audio Control Module. You must also customize the as-built in the APIM included in this kit to match your car.
  2. Be comfortable modifying your factory harness. You will need to re-pin the connector for the APIM and relocate pins from your GPSM connector and base camera connector to the APIM connector. Instructions on how to do this are here.
That said, you can skip step two buy purchasing a plug and play harness from @HextallS550 here: https://www.harnessbyhextall.com/products/pcorrtsi1ia6klzqiif4s716c7jvrs

Included in this kit are unopened WT-1000 and WPT-1239 Ford harness repair kits to be used for the DIY procedure described in step two above.

This kit has the two-port Sync 3 hub. You would leave your factory USB routing intact, plugging the wire with the gray connector into the gray port on the APIM and same for the black connector/port. Your front port at that point will be charge-only, and you'll have two data/CarPlay/AndroidAuto capable ports in the center console utilizing the included USB A to Mini USB cable.

The components of this kit (except the aforementioned Ford harness repair kits) are used but in great shape. There are some tiny scratches on the screen that are only visible in the right light with the screen off. The HVAC panel has some very tiny blemishes as well. Just normal light use, nothing that you're going to notice without looking for it.

I will not be providing tech support for this swap as I simply don't have the time, but I will provide all of the links on this website to posts with info on how to do it. Additionally, if you purchase a harness from Hextall, you will have access to programming support. That's not to say by purchasing a plug and play harness that you can skip getting a Windows Laptop + Adapter + FORScan w/Extended License, you still need to do all of those things.

I am asking $900 plus actual shipping for this kit. This all ships in a 19x15x7 box weighing 8 pounds from 50140 if you would like to get your own quote and/or provide a label. If you do provide your own label, I request that you ship UPS only and insure to the full value. I will do the same if I purchase the label on your behalf.

Pics:

sync3-1.jpg

sync3-2.jpg

sync3-3.jpg

sync3-4.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I get what your saying but Infotainment isn't sponsoring this board or supporting anyone here.

Sorry to dirty up the thread Spart.

AzSideWinder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Please keep that BS out of Spart's thread. Infotainment is overpriced Chinese crap.
I posted it because of the install process and to show the value..
and the site your blasting is also
  • Genuine Ford 8-inch Capacitive Touch Screen Display

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Please keep that BS out of Spart's thread. Infotainment is overpriced Chinese crap.
Agreed on the overpriced, but their how-to on taking the dash apart may be useful.

Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Its really all I was trying to do since you said you wouldn't provide support. Sorry to piss people off.
Did you see my reply after his post?

Over the years Spart has helped us all out tremendously I will offer a harness at dealer price to the buyer as well as the correct as built data.

I agree it's a good deal and I offered to make it a better deal. I see what you're saying though. Too many times people try and get into peoples for sale threads and undermine them.