Sponsored

Base to PP1 brake swap - what’s this bracket for?

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
The swap is a piece of cake. The hardest part was finding the dust shields in stock.

In addition to the bracket that secures the line to the body of the car, there is ametal bracket on the brake line that the base brakes didn’t have. Where does this connect?

Thanks

C385F917-E198-4442-86AC-A6A1322BDF2F.jpeg
Sponsored

Hotpart.com

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002, 2006, 2015 Mustangs
That hose is for a car with MagneRide suspension so your car won't have the brackets to attach it. I would make sure the hose doesn't get pinched when turning at ride height, full compression, and full droop.

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That hose is for a car with MagneRide suspension so your car won't have the brackets to attach it. I would make sure the hose doesn't get pinched when turning at ride height, full compression, and full droop.
Thanks! That makes sense.
I’ll look for pinch points. That’s much appreciated.

I haven’t checked to see if the base brake hoses will transfer over but I suppose that’s an option if there’s an issue.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
remember,
master cylinder are different. did you upgraded that too?

Sponsored

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
remember,
master cylinder are different. did you upgraded that too?
Based on previous threads, the base master cylinder does work with the PP brakes. I don’t believe that the swap is mandatory. Do you believe that’s not correct?

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the PP1 brake hoses looked to have the identical diameter/thread pitch to the fitting on the hard brake line but for the life of me, I couldn’t get the threads to seat...neither end looked to be damaged. Not sure if anyone else has tried this but it surprises me that Ford would use two different fittings.

I ended up transferring over the stock/base brake lines which connected right up. I didn’t plan ahead with new copper washers so I may be bleeding the brakes twice if I find that they’re weeping any fluid. :D

Since you upgraded to the PP1 calipers you will want to use those hoses.

https://hotpart.com/product-category/mustang/mustang-2015-2016-s550/stainless-brake-hoses/
Right on. I think I’ll go that way when I upgrade pads and fluids. Right now, I need to let the wallet cool down!

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
No master cylinder swap is needed. They are the same. I would just zip-tie the braket to the shock strut out of the way. On the rear suspension the hose bracket is attached to the sway bar. Are you sure that is for Magneride?

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
No master cylinder swap is needed. They are the same. I would just zip-tie the braket to the shock strut out of the way. On the rear suspension the hose bracket is attached to the sway bar. Are you sure that is for Magneride?
Please don't give wrong info.
They are not the same
Can both work? Of course. Is it optimal? No.
Here a video. A
Vorshlag also have another video where they swapped to a PPbrakes keeping the same Not PP master cylinder. And they have issue on track. Again for normal driving all brakes are ok and the upgrade is mainly for look.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Yes. Perhaps the master cylinder on the '15 was different? I did do this swap on my 2015 Mustang GT and drove the car hard for several thousand miles after the brake swap including suspension mods and a blower. I noticed no difference from it's stopping ability to that of my later 2019 Bullitt which has the PP1.

Be aware that Vorshlag has a bias to sell parts. That's all.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
His comment that he had to press "really , really hard on the pedal to get the car to even slow down..." Gimme a break. That's just biased trash talk or he didn't do the install correctly.

Hotpart.com

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the PP1 brake hoses looked to have the identical diameter/thread pitch to the fitting on the hard brake line but for the life of me, I couldn’t get the threads to seat...neither end looked to be damaged. Not sure if anyone else has tried this but it surprises me that Ford would use two different fittings.

I ended up transferring over the stock/base brake lines which connected right up. I didn’t plan ahead with new copper washers so I may be bleeding the brakes twice if I find that they’re weeping any fluid. :D

Right on. I think I’ll go that way when I upgrade pads and fluids. Right now, I need to let the wallet cool down!
The fittings are the same on the chassis side. We have found that whoever Ford sourced the hard lines from didn't machine the nuts very well. The nut sometimes needs to be chased or you may have a hard time threading into the female chassis fitting. One of my co-workers said he fought with a 17 F-250 the other day when he was installing a lift kit.

Hotpart.com

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The MagneRide cars use a completely different front hose with a center bracket to clear the electronic suspension parts. The threads remain the same on the chassis side.
Sponsored