Sponsored

Base Mustang GT A10 - Just picked up 10/26 at almost $7k off.

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
I'm in Northern NJ and there were no reasonable deals local. I traveled South a few hundred miles and picked up my no-option (other than A10) Performance Blue GT Fastback. $1500 in Ford rebate which required me to do at least some ripoff rate Ford financing and in theory over $5500 in dealer discount. I say in theory because I don't consider it fully that much because of getting charged a $7-$800 documentation fee. Very happy with a great deal. Many other dealers that seemed to advertising similar or close pricing ultimately were not selling at that prices. What I consider outright lies about freight not included.. PM me and I'd be happy to connect you to my salesperson/dealer. I just prefer not to publicly post dealer details. List was $38,670 and the car was built in September.

62543825821--C39EC634-5854-4678-8083-383E780B0513.JPG
Sponsored

paradigm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Would you mind sharing which dealership you purchased from? I am looking for a base GT 6-speed car. I am from Queens NYC, and it seems like I will have to go to MD or VA for any good deal.

OP
OP

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
Battlefield Ford in Manassas, VA. Speak with Latisha, my salesperson and tell her I sent you. PM me if you'd like her cell to text or call her.

Sponsored

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
Battlefield Ford in Manassas, VA. Speak with Latisha, my salesperson and tell her I sent you. PM me if you'd like her cell to text or call her.
Thats where I picked up my GT/CS a few months ago. They were very easy to deal with and played no games.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Hey that's where I got mine too! I was initially looking to buy used, but found they had something like $7,300 off. Jean G was my salesmen. No pressure or hassle. Test drove on a Saturday, came back on Sunday and was out the door within about 3 hours.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If they have what you're looking for, Lindsay Ford Wheaton MD, Ted Britt fairfax VA, or Koons Sterling, or Sheehy Warranton.

This is a PP1+MR that at least still has the earlier PP1 pricing instead of the further inflated one. It's been on their inventory for a year so you should be able to low-ball them hard.
https://www.malloyfordalexandria.co...c0a0e0a6b26358b6dcfc86e43.htm?searchDepth=2:2

as 'base' as it gets. They should love to get rid of them.
https://www.lindsayford.com/new-Wheaton-2020-Ford-Mustang-GT-1FA6P8CF7L5172477
https://www.lindsayford.com/new-Wheaton-2020-Ford-Mustang-GT-1FA6P8CF8L5169152
https://www.tedbritt.com/new-Fairfax-2020-Ford-Mustang-GT-1FA6P8CF6L5169117

https://www.sheehyfordwarrenton.com...enton-va-2234c7e90a0e0ae720d9eb4979f3248f.htm

In any event you're looking for at least 15% off MSRP !!AND!! rebates of $1700-2200 on top of that.

a couple of possibly interesting choices:
https://www.sheehyfordgaithersburg....d0a0e0a1749f5a45bed814d66.htm?searchDepth=1:1

https://www.sheehyfordmarlowheights...ights-md-3f6acb990a0e0adf5e69af4e592a2a8b.htm

OP
OP

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
shogun32, do you know anyone that completed similar transactions at those dealers? My experience was prices at that level of discount were not "real". I am at least a little sympathetic as I don't see any money being made at discounts and rebates anywhere like this but the dealer should be clear with what your real price is. If you show MSRP (which includes freight) and then a dealer discount/rebate, you shouldn't be able to add freight back, it was in the starting price.

One of the ones you mention was about $4000 higher after they worked up my price. They said there were a bunch of (undisclosed) rebates or discounts that didn't apply to me.

One of the other ones was the closest to my deal but about $1500 higher. They played games with the freight despite having 'Free freight sale' (which actually should mean subtract freight, then their discounts & rebate!!) and nothing in their fine print. That was quite bad. At least some of the others do have the 'freight not included' buried in a footnote.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
That's about the norm lately, especially for old MYs. I got my 2016 for 7k under and my 2020 for 6k under.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have bought from Lindsay Wheaton, Koons Tysons (chevolet), and Sheehy Springfield. Just because some of them try to take you for a chump doesn't mean you're supposed to let them get away with it. A good handful of people here have bought from Tedd Britt Fairfax or Chantilly.

Yes the "magic re-appearing freight" is as old as the sun. Sheehy Gaithersburg for example was advertising their cars that "freight is included" a few months back (July?).

Dealer discount of at least 11% off MSRP before adding rebates is hardly stretching. Check your home ZIP discounts to see if the ones offered in VA are materially different.

It's very late in the season, sales have been pretty damn miserable, Mustangs are a 'summer' car and so demand will continue to fall off. Come in with a price you want to pay and insist they come to you. Not the other way around.

15% off MSRP before sales tax+title (but includes all garbage fees) should be the absolute MOST you want to pay. You shouldn't have to try very hard at all to get 3% more knocked off.

'base' cars are not sellers, they are a desperation move from the dealer on a car like the Mustang. They minimize their cost to put a unit on the sales floor so they have something/anything to sell. Hit them hard on it. If it's been sitting around for more than 90 days their chances of it moving get worse by the day.

For example this car (albeit not a GT)
https://www.malloyfordalexandria.co...0a0e0adf666e9d8a6d321348.htm?searchDepth=6:15
was advertised a few weeks ago at 34.8 for a brief few days. Right were I had offered to buy it back in May/June when they refused. Now the rebates are considerably fatter and the price is higher. Go figure, right? Dealers don't expect people to watch car prices over time on their inventory and routinely jack the prices before an important sales weekend/holiday to see if they can rope someone who is careless. Ted Britt has the exact same car on their lot but they haven't moved off their 38K price in months.

Last edited:
OP
OP

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
I pushed as hard as I could on that worst offender on the freight and they wouldn't sell me a car at a price near where I ended up achieving. I agree with your end conclusion even if only 1-2 dealers end up honoring the near best pricing. I was at effectively 18% off. I'm not sure I agree with your statement about base cars- that is exactly what I wanted and I don't think I'm the only one.

"At least 15% and 1750+ rebates" -- I don't think that's quite right. I posted my ~$7k /18% off deal so people in the market now know what is doable. Could there have been another few percentage points or so? Or another bit off for a dealer right at turn of year? Maybe. I'd be curious to know who has done a similar or better deal? Anyone else in the last 30-60 days with actual price points achieved ?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure I agree with your statement about base cars- that is exactly what I wanted and I don't think I'm the only one.
I'm not knocking base cars or wanting one. During fatter times you see them but rarely except in Ecoboost trim.

OP
OP

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
My only point is I don't think there is evidence that dealers have to give bigger discounts on base GT cars. That question is separate from how common or not they are.
Sponsored