Base Mach 1 HP/GT500 Spoiler fitment

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Rather than start a new thread I'd thought I'd update this one with my spoiler upgrade...

I spec'd my previous Mustang (GT) with the large rear spoiler. The Mach 1 is easily a much better car overall but from day 1 I missed that rear wing.
Once the GT500 wing was made available for UK customers (thanks to Nemesis) I put in a preorder. I then discovered that voodoo paintworks was the place to get it painted in the correct 'factory' magnetic look.

This Friday I collected it from the painters & in the afternoon installed it. It was pretty straight forward, as already highlighted the hardest part was removing the factory fitted one. With a heat gun, I ended up leveraging the spoiler up by a few mm's and then carefully, using a scalpel, cutting the adhesive through the gap between the spoiler and deck lid. The new wing fits in the existing deck lid holes.

Really pleased with results...

IMG_2187.JPG

IMG_2186.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_2176.JPG
Thats the way to do it nice, I have thought about doing the same.
Sponsored

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Installation go as predicted?
Kinda, I now have to fish out two nuts I lost inside the truck lid and you do need to put on extra two sided tape on the front side. Took about 1hr. Great You tubes made it easier.
New one goes on with 4 screws, they gave me 9. Old one had 4 NUTS.
Installation go as predicted?

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
They are supposed to be coming out with some Mach 1 specific items. I’m not entirely sure what as they wouldn’t give me many hints but I’m thinking it will probably be something for the grill and the openings in the front bumper.
We are making grille components, both lower splitters, front fender extensions and a new hood.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
We are making grille components, both lower splitters, front fender extensions and a new hood.
A new hood??!!!!! I’ve been looking at your type-sa heat extractor hood because i think it would work well with the factory Mach 1 hood decal. Excited to see what you guys come out with!

53FAC534-F817-4B46-B2AC-827D581E28CD.jpeg

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
A new hood??!!!!! I’ve been looking at your type-sa heat extractor hood because i think it would work well with the factory Mach 1 hood decal. Excited to see what you guys come out with!

53FAC534-F817-4B46-B2AC-827D581E28CD.jpeg
Stay tuned!
Sponsored