Sponsored

BASE GT350 NON-R & NON-Magna-ride SPRING's P/N#'s? HELP!

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
My 2016 GT350 Non-MagnaRide Rear Springs
Spring Diameter: .750
Spring Rate: 914
Left Rear PN: FR3Z-5560-S
Right Rear PN: FR3Z-5560-N

Of course the RR spring on the GT350 is wound in the opposite direction.
To Fit GT350 rear springs on S550 mustangs, it takes (2) LR springs from a GT350
Thank you, John!!!
Would you happen to know the front GT350 spring part numbers??
Thanks again, Anthony

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I wouldnt trust that the GT350 w/o magnaride have the correct spring for you. They all probably use the same spring windings.

The info is here, its been covered multiple times. Be more persistent in your use of the search function.
Why not?? Just curious. Not trust non magnaride spring*

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
Thank you, John!!!
Would you happen to know the front GT350 spring part numbers??
Thanks again, Anthony
My 2016 GT350 Non MagnaRide Front Springs:
Spring Diameter: .555
Spring Rate: 194
Front Springs PN: FR3Z-5310-K

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Thank you, Sir. 1000X!!!
There you go my man. That thread should have all the info you need. FYI the GT350 springs will drop the car a little bit from your stock car. Hence "minimum drop". If it were me, I like the GT350R spring rates more. Stiffer front spring. But that will drop it a tad more and at that point, you could just buy BMR SP083.

Fwiw, the car doesn't really ride harsher from stiffer front spring. But it makes a difference in handling. The rear on the other hand has a bigger penalty from a ride quality perspective when going stiffer over stock. FP Track dampers can handle any of those options GT350/R/BMR SP083

Last edited:
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
There you go my man. That thread should have all the info you need. FYI the GT350 springs will drop the car a little bit from your stock car. Hence "minimum drop". If it were me, I like the GT350R spring rates more. Stiffer front spring. But that will drop it a tad more and at that point, you could just buy BMR SP083.

Fwiw, the car doesn't really ride harsher from stiffer front spring. But it makes a difference in handling. The rear on the other hand has a bigger penalty from a ride quality perspective when going stiffer over stock. FP Track dampers can handle any of those options GT350/R/BMR SP083
Im GOLDEN with all this information. For the rear Gt350 springs, will i need new rubber isolators or pads etc for the springs? If im using 2 LEFT springs, they would have to be for LEFT side right to fit accordingly or to accomodate those springs for fitment?
Thanks Anthony
P.S. Top spring seat for rears? Which ones?

Last edited:
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)

Good morning blue!!
Question for you, When doing the GT350 non R spring or BMR083 lowering spring swap will i require this kit --> Ford Performance Parts Mustang Jounce Bumper Kit M-5570-B???

Thanks Anthony

P.S. Is the GT350 non-R springs considered a lowering spring?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Good morning blue!!
Question for you, When doing the GT350 non R spring or BMR083 lowering spring swap will i require this kit --> Ford Performance Parts Mustang Jounce Bumper Kit M-5570-B???

Thanks Anthony

P.S. Is the GT350 non-R springs considered a lowering spring?

No, you can trim the stock bumpstops or buy the Eibach bumpstops shogun32 mentioned to you. Some people prefer those because they're a little softer. It's a good idea. The bumpstops are there so the shock doesn't bottom out.

Yes the GT350 will lower the car. The GT350 ride height is lower in stock form than your GT is. The GT350R a tad lower than that.

In terms of drop from less drop to more drop it would go like this: GT350 => GT350R => BMR SP083 => FRPP Track

Out of those 4, the GT350 is least favorable to me from a handling improvement perspective. Reason being, the front spring is only marginally stiffer than your stock spring on the GT. The Mustang needs a stiffer front spring to control the body roll of the front end and to control the pitch/dive under braking and weight transfer. The rear... not so much. The other 3 options sport a front spring about 50lbs./in. stiffer than the 350 non-R, which is a step in the right direction.

You can get away with running a softer rear spring, especially on the street. The rear will squat more with a softer spring which improves grip (where you need it). The Mustang is RWD, big power and has less weight in the rear in comparison to the front. Therefore, you need the grip to power out of the corner. In addition, the suspension geometry is better in the rear suspension so you don't need to control the body roll AS MUCH you need it in the front.

Example, I just moved to Ohlins coilovers which use 515# front spring! Over 3X as stiff as a stock GT spring and > double the BMR SP083 or GT350R or FP Track. They didn't do that by accident. It's for the reasons I stated above. You don't feel the penalty of a stiffer front spring that much. In the rear you do. And it might surprise you that this kit only runs a 800# rear spring. Less than BMR SP083 and less than peak rate seen in the GT350/R or FP Track. PM me if you want more details on this explanation.
Sponsored