Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
That's not at all what was going on here, but thanks for contributing nothing to the thread and being a wiseass. The original thought was that a friend's car with a louder exhaust was quieter, I guess you failed to read any of that. Talking on the phone was merely an example of how loud the interior is vs. my friend's car. I also said to many different replies that I like my exhaust and won't be changing it by removing the x-pipe to quiet it down... Just because it's "a performance car" doesn't exempt people from talking about potential issues or making statements about it.
You're most welcome.

Correct
"doesn't exempt people from talking about potential issues or making statements about it"

I just happen to find it very amusing .... maybe skin is to thin?
Sponsored

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Update:
Yeah, it was the sound tube. The car's cabin when cruising is a totally different level of sound now. It's also nice hearing the exhaust come from behind you now, when before it seemed like the exhaust was coming from all around you and vibrating the hell out of the cabin.
I really don't understand why Ford chose to put this useless plastic tube in the S550.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Update:
Yeah, it was the sound tube. The car's cabin when cruising is a totally different level of sound now. It's also nice hearing the exhaust come from behind you now, when before it seemed like the exhaust was coming from all around you and vibrating the hell out of the cabin.
I really don't understand why Ford chose to put this useless plastic tube in the S550.
Knew it. :like::thumbsup: Glad you're enjoying it more. And yes, it's supposed to be from behind you.

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Knew it. :like::thumbsup: Glad you're enjoying it more. And yes, it's supposed to be from behind you.
Yeah, it was very annoying. I could never tell if I was actually hearing my real exhaust or some pumped in bass that was just vibrating everything. Sounds very natural now, all from behind and none of that "Dolby Surround Sound"!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it was very annoying. I could never tell if I was actually hearing my real exhaust or some pumped in bass that was just vibrating everything. Sounds very natural now, all from behind and none of that "Dolby Surround Sound"!
I'll never understand why Ford puts that in. Adds costs and is annoying. Just make the stock exhaust a little louder.

Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Alright, I think my passenger window seal might be the majority of the issue here, as well as the pesky sound tube (which is getting removed probably Thursday). It might be difficult to see, but the driver's window sits flush with the rear 3/4 window and well into the weatherstripping. The passenger door window juts out, and I can easily stick my finger into the car by pushing the stripping away while the window is closed.
1st Picture: Driver
2nd Picture: Passenger
IMG_20200323_131306.jpg
IMG_20200323_131226.jpg
OP, glad your car is quieter after the sound tube delete, but you should definitely still get that passenger glass checked out. I fear that gap can allow water into the cabin during a heavy rainstorm. And it just looks crappy.

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
OP, glad your car is quieter after the sound tube delete, but you should definitely still get that passenger glass checked out. I fear that gap can allow water into the cabin during a heavy rainstorm. And it just looks crappy.
Oh, I'm definitely still planning on going to Ford after this whole virus situation ends. Even though it doesn't cause much sound, it could definitely lead to other issues, like water damage or theft (I can get my finger behind the glass with it closed).
Sponsored