Sponsored

base ecoboost or premium ecoboost?

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
So I decided to not get a gt for financial reasons. Is the premium eco that much better? I have only driven a premium so I can't compare just yet. Its hard to search the forum on my phone. Can anyone help me out. links would help if someone can please provide them
Sponsored

LHousePhoto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Do you want: Leather Seats? Heater and Cooled seats? Pony projector lamps? Selectable color Gauges? Sync with My Ford Touch?

If the answer to any of these is yes, buy a Premium.

OP
OP

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
What's with my ford touch? I can probably do without those mods. I might end up modding the car. Would probably be better to get a base and save the extra money for mods right? Premium does have an upgraded interior correct?

LHousePhoto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, Premium has...

Leather seats, heated and cooled seats, selectable color gauges and sync with my ford touch. Pretty sure all of this information is easily accessible on Ford's website though.

OP
OP

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I'm coming from a base 350z so I'm not to crazy about fancy options. The upgraded interior is a nice upgrade with a bigger screen. Has anyone regretted not getting the premium?

Sponsored

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1957 Chevy BelAir
The main reason I never even considered the V6 was due to the lack of the Premium Package. To me, it's definitely worth the price!

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
If your trying to save money, go with base. All the standard features are very good. The premium version just adds mostly convenience and cosmetic items such as bigger screen, rear diffuser, heated/cooled leather seats, automatic dual climate control, pony projector lamps etc..

OP
OP

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I like the cosmetics part. Just not crazy about all of them. The extra money saved will most likely be put into mods for the car. Guess I'll just have to test drive a base vs premium. Thanks for the help guys

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
if you're thinking about the base, I'd have a look at that v6 too. Especially if you don't plan on modding or care about the performance package.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
I like the cosmetics part. Just not crazy about all of them. The extra money saved will most likely be put into mods for the car. Guess I'll just have to test drive a base vs premium. Thanks for the help guys
One thing is worth it is the Performance Package. The brakes alone are a huge upgrade.

Sponsored
OP
OP

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I'll be getting the pp. I'd like to mod the car in the future. Maybe just minor mods. I was just wondering if premium was worth the extra features. But since the Interior is nicer and red leather seats I might get the premium but I'll ha r to test drive both again

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
But since the Interior is nicer and red leather seats I might get the premium. . .
If you want the red leather then you need the premium package AND the premier trim with color accent package as well (this allows for the red interior to be selected)

OP
OP

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Ok so that might be something to think about. Is the base head unit the same as premium as far as capabilities/features?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ok so that might be something to think about. Is the base head unit the same as premium as far as capabilities/features?
Nope.

When you go to Fords site to "build" a Mustang, the base EB only comes with a "Single CD AM/FM" stereo. The head unit is totally different from the Premium stereo.
Sponsored