Sponsored

Base cloth seats (non-Recaro)

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Not only is it aluminum not plastic, you can also get the ambient lighting package as a pretty cheap option on the base models.
My mistake on the aluminum / plastic mashup. I know there was a thread that went into exhaustive detail here on the flat black / diamond mesh / brushed / axle spun / engine turned dashes, and I had thought the first two were plastic.

And the lighting kit available on base models just gives you one light in the cupholders and one each in the front footwells -- you don't get the illuminated doorsills, the lights in the door side pockets, the lights in the rear footwells, or the lights in the instrument cluster. And that only has seven colors rather than the 125 in the MyColor setup.

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
My mistake on the aluminum / plastic mashup. I know there was a thread that went into exhaustive detail here on the flat black / diamond mesh / brushed / axle spun / engine turned dashes, and I had thought the first two were plastic.

And the lighting kit available on base models just gives you one light in the cupholders and one each in the front footwells -- you don't get the illuminated doorsills, the lights in the door side pockets, the lights in the rear footwells, or the lights in the instrument cluster. And that only has seven colors rather than the 125 in the MyColor setup.
That's too bad (on the lights), but still better than nothing. You're right tho that the full-monty MyColor lighting is going to be awesome, along with the Pony Projection Lights! Wish those could be different colors too...or color-changing...or project in changing colors while you are driving down the highway...

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ah here's the plastic one, it's on the V6.. Carbon Fiber/Plastic Dash Trim

Sponsored

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny the base plastic V6 dash pattern is almost identical to the '14 GT/CS.

RubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT 6MT, Ruby Red with Ceramic Interior
Cloth Seats and Base GT

I have a 2015 base GT 6 speed Ruby Red with Ceramic colored seats. The seats provide great support with the lumbar adjustment. Compared to the 2012 Premium Package that I had these seats are much more comfortable and feel like they wrap around you. At this time with 330 miles while I really like the contrast of the Ceramic and black I do have a concern of potential discoloration or staining of the cloth. Overall the base GT interior fit, finish and features (including the radio) have not been a disappointment and make the car a very good value for the price and performance.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I have a 2015 base GT 6 speed Ruby Red with Ceramic colored seats. The seats provide great support with the lumbar adjustment. Compared to the 2012 Premium Package that I had these seats are much more comfortable and feel like they wrap around you. At this time with 330 miles while I really like the contrast of the Ceramic and black I do have a concern of potential discoloration or staining of the cloth. Overall the base GT interior fit, finish and features (including the radio) have not been a disappointment and make the car a very good value for the price and performance.
Can you please post a photo? I thought ebony was the only interior choice for the base GT because it is the only choice online with the builder but I see it in the ordering guide being available in the 100 and 300 cars except with TY, Thanks

Nowatertower

Nowatertower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Athena
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have found the base cloth seats to be fantastic! Great looking, really grippy, more than adequate bolstering, a lot of adjustability, lighter than the leather. Waaaaaay better than last generation seats. The seat is narrower for sure and that suits me just great!

Sponsored

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
Base GT PP 1100 miles + -.
Happy with cloth seats and diffuser and without all the 1000 shades of lavender light show stuff.
You have to get what floats your boat though, if you are into leather and disco you probably need the premium.
:)

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
Base GT PP 1100 miles + -.
Happy with cloth seats and diffuser and without all the 1000 shades of lavender light show stuff.
You have to get what floats your boat though, if you are into leather and disco you probably need the premium.
:)
C'mon, who isn't into leather and disco? Can I live without them? Of course. Do I want to? Not really.

Hell maybe I'll just skip Chik-fil-A for breakfast from now own (always like Cheerios anyway) and get the full monty GT premium.

I'm really hoping once I test drive an EcoBoost that I am happy enough with it, I won't permanently regret not getting the GT.
Sponsored