Sponsored

Barton Centershaft and 2 Post Bracket replacement are now in stock!!

BARTON INDUSTRIES

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Bartonshifters.com
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Barton has now released our Center shaft replacement for the 2015+ Mustang GT, V6 and ECOBOOST.

Our Center shaft reduces the throw 25%, and lowers the overall height of the shifter by 1 inch over the factory. You also receive our own lockout mechanism, along with a pivot cup.

The 2015 2 Post Bracket, Is the best rear bracket on the market. It allows for ZERO side to side deflection. Breaking up the points of contact it allows for a extremely rigid piece. This is NOT just a rubber insert, this is meant for power shifter at the max. This is by far the most rigid bracket on the Market!!:first:

For those of you who do not want to do a full shifter replacement. This combo kit is for you. This two piece kit is the best bang for your buck. This is a quick and easy install. There is no lowering of the transmission brace, or reaching a bolt in a tight spot.

Don't believe me? Try it for yourself, what is the worst that happens? You loose a little bit of time installing the product. Do not just take our word for it.

ALL PRODUCTS ARE MADE IN USA

We offer a 30 day return. Buy it, Install our products if you are not satisfied with the performance send it back within 30 days for a FULL refund.
Eco shaft for website.jpg
2015 2pb for website.jpg
2015 2pb and shaft for website.jpg
Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Any benefits to retrofitting the bracket to my current Barton?

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Will a 15% throw reduction shifter be available without the post bracket? Would be a great option besides the Steeda shifter.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium

Don't believe me? Try it for yourself, what is the worst that happens? You loose a little bit of time installing the product. Do not just take our word for it.

ALL PRODUCTS ARE MADE IN USA

We offer a 30 day return. Buy it, Install our products if you are not satisfied with the performance send it back within 30 days for a FULL refund.
I agree, you can't beat that offer.^
Now the only other thing that would help seal the deal is that it gets out to the vendors in time to offer a Black Friday discount!!!:headbang:
Is this at all a possibility or will Barton have a BF sale on this?
(you're suppose to say yes right here)> ______________;)

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
Install video ?

Sponsored

OP
OP

BARTON INDUSTRIES

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Bartonshifters.com
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Guard 5.0 If you already have our full shifter replacement you will not need this 2 Post Bracket. It is to only fit on the Factory shifter. The FuLL BARTON shifter already uses that support style

As of right now we are not going to offer anything other than 25%. With our full shifter replacement we have only sold 1 20%, and zero 15%. The 25% is the most comfortable, while noticing a throw reduction.

We have contacted our dealers, We hope that they will start carrying them before next week. We will let you know about a BF sale.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Question about this (and other solid) shift bracket: Since the shift linkage is not at the roll axis of the powertrain, doesn't this bind that up heavily, and puts the shift linkage at risk for damage? I guess I'm not understanding why you'd fix the rear of the shift linkage to the body and leave the moment arm of the linkage to the trans to put a torque into it.

I'm a fan of brackets that align the transmission and shifter base because it takes away the misalignment when the powertrain rolls.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
25% is only a 1" drop from stock then I'm cool with that. I just kept seeing most saying 25% and was fearing it would be a much lower shifter. This shifter plus a blowfish bracket and I'll be good to go. Hopefully LMR will have them soon.

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
25% is only a 1" drop from stock then I'm cool with that. I just kept seeing most saying 25% and was fearing it would be a much lower shifter. This shifter plus a blowfish bracket and I'll be good to go. Hopefully LMR will have them soon.

Barton makes that bracket. They actually designed it first.

OP
OP

BARTON INDUSTRIES

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Bartonshifters.com
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
When it comes to the bracket, when the RPM's raise, the shifter torques side to side, while the linkage stays in position. That is NOT wanted. So what our company does is eliminates all side to side movement, it allows the front to back movement as needed when you accelerate or brake, but NOTHING side to side. The linkage does not need to be replaced once properly supported. So in theory the factory bracket actually does more harm to your transmission.

Kahboom. We do not just reduce the overall height to gain 25% reduction. Our company changes the point in which it pivots. Save yourself some money and order our 2 post bracket. If it does not do its job just simply un-install it and ship it back for a refund.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
When it comes to the bracket, when the RPM's raise, the shifter torques side to side, while the linkage stays in position. That is NOT wanted. So what our company does is eliminates all side to side movement, it allows the front to back movement as needed when you accelerate or brake, but NOTHING side to side. The linkage does not need to be replaced once properly supported. So in theory the factory bracket actually does more harm to your transmission.
Ok, so I know you all make great products and not disputing that, but the vast majority of the powertrain (engine + trans) movement is side to side, as it rotates about a virtual axis defined by the left and right engine mounts and the trans mount. This axis is much lower than, and is not aligned with the shift linkage connection to the transmission. When you accelerate or or engine brake, the engine does not move front to back significantly - nearly all the movement is in rotation about this axis. The factory bracket accounts for this and has a voided bushing. By fixing the end of the shift linkage to the body, you don't change the amount the powertrain rolls about the mounting axis, but you do transfer all the reaction forces from that into the linkage since one end is now fixed to something that is not the transmission.

I guess I'd just like to hear the engineering explanation as to why a solid mount bracket is a good thing for the factory shifter & linkage vs. a bracket like the Blowfish or FTBR which aligns the shifter to the transmission during powertrain roll, and thus the linkage always stays aligned to both.

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
^ I want to hear the explanation for this too.

OP
OP

BARTON INDUSTRIES

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Bartonshifters.com
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ok, so I know you all make great products and not disputing that, but the vast majority of the powertrain (engine + trans) movement is side to side, as it rotates about a virtual axis defined by the left and right engine mounts and the trans mount. This axis is much lower than, and is not aligned with the shift linkage connection to the transmission. When you accelerate or or engine brake, the engine does not move front to back significantly - nearly all the movement is in rotation about this axis. The factory bracket accounts for this and has a voided bushing. By fixing the end of the shift linkage to the body, you don't change the amount the powertrain rolls about the mounting axis, but you do transfer all the reaction forces from that into the linkage since one end is now fixed to something that is not the transmission.

I guess I'd just like to hear the engineering explanation as to why a solid mount bracket is a good thing for the factory shifter & linkage vs. a bracket like the Blowfish or FTBR which aligns the shifter to the transmission during powertrain roll, and thus the linkage always stays aligned to both.
I think we are using the wrong words and things are being taken out of context. Im going to do my best to try to explain how this works and why ONLY mounting directly to the trans is a sales gimmick.

First off, I would like to Point out, that our 2 post bracket does NOT mount solid to the factory shifter, that would NOT be good.

The shifter NEEDs to be able to move front to back with the trans and as you noted, in a rotational direction with the trans as well.

The front to back movement is actually VERY VERY important, this is do to weight transfer that takes place during accelaration and breaking.

5 years ago when we designed our prototype bracket for the 2011 we did not allow enough movement and what would happen if you were making enough power and had enough traction this movement would actually kick you out of gear from time to time. Which is why all our brackets address the need for front to back movement.

Now lets take a look at the rotational (side to side) movement. Our bracket does allow for this, if it did not, then all that energy would be transferred to another component causing premature wear or breakage to that component.

Our 2 post bracket contains bushings, these bushings do NOT allow deflection to be imparted by the person during shifting, but they are soft enough that the motor has no problem compressing them while under load, which is really not all that much.

Our bracket is designed so that the person shifting transfers all their energy to the actual shift and its not lost to a spongy bracket, while still allowing the shifter to move with the trans like it needs to.

This is where and why the trans mount becomes a gimmick, and let me point out (We were the first company to show a trans mounted shifter at Mustang Week back in 2011). Wait for it......................................... During actual shifting There is NO load being imparted by the motor and trans. As soon as you let off the gas, the trans and motor are in a relaxed state, even if you no lift shift, as soon as you depress the clutch pedal that torque is gone. Meaning, all you need to address is the lost energy of the actual process of the shift itself. Which our 2 post bracket accomplishes.
Thanks,
Dave

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
If you are referring to the Blowfish bracket, it does allow front to back movement of the shifter assembly. What is does do is eliminate the mount to the car body which is static in relation to the transmission which twists. The whole shifter moves with the trans. I've been very happy with this setup but I am sure Barton has a great product as well.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I think we are using the wrong words and things are being taken out of context. Im going to do my best to try to explain how this works and why ONLY mounting directly to the trans is a sales gimmick.

First off, I would like to Point out, that our 2 post bracket does NOT mount solid to the factory shifter, that would NOT be good.

The shifter NEEDs to be able to move front to back with the trans and as you noted, in a rotational direction with the trans as well.

The front to back movement is actually VERY VERY important, this is do to weight transfer that takes place during accelaration and breaking.

5 years ago when we designed our prototype bracket for the 2011 we did not allow enough movement and what would happen if you were making enough power and had enough traction this movement would actually kick you out of gear from time to time. Which is why all our brackets address the need for front to back movement.

Now lets take a look at the rotational (side to side) movement. Our bracket does allow for this, if it did not, then all that energy would be transferred to another component causing premature wear or breakage to that component.

Our 2 post bracket contains bushings, these bushings do NOT allow deflection to be imparted by the person during shifting, but they are soft enough that the motor has no problem compressing them while under load, which is really not all that much.

Our bracket is designed so that the person shifting transfers all their energy to the actual shift and its not lost to a spongy bracket, while still allowing the shifter to move with the trans like it needs to.

This is where and why the trans mount becomes a gimmick, and let me point out (We were the first company to show a trans mounted shifter at Mustang Week back in 2011). Wait for it......................................... During actual shifting There is NO load being imparted by the motor and trans. As soon as you let off the gas, the trans and motor are in a relaxed state, even if you no lift shift, as soon as you depress the clutch pedal that torque is gone. Meaning, all you need to address is the lost energy of the actual process of the shift itself. Which our 2 post bracket accomplishes.
Thanks,
Dave
Thanks Dave. I hope you do understand I was in no way attacking the product, I just did not see the full picture. You are absolutely right that in the middle of the shift, there is no torque being imparted and no roll of the powertrain in the mounts. There is, however, a difference in angle the moment you depress the clutch/let off the throttle and the powertrain is springing back from its accelerated state. This is usually when people see issues and it is exacerbated with body roll. I myself have had a handful of shifts since owning the car where I am cornering and accelerating and it would not go into gear (3rd, I think). What does your bracket (or any other solid/semi-solid shifter mount like the Steeda, Boomba) do to address this?
Sponsored