Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt

The guys at Bama Performance have been working on our Competition Orange 2015 Mustang Ecoboost for some time now and we're totally blown away with what they were able to extract out of this little 4 Cylinder! Check out the results below!

While our stock 2015 Ecoboost was able make a pretty impressive 258 RWHP and 277 RWTQ right off the truck with 93 octane. With the 93 Octane Track tune on our 2015 EcoBoost the car produced a whopping 283 RWHP and 342 RWTQ, making over 25 HP and 47 TQ peak gains and 44 HP and 66 TQ under the curve! Some of the initial reviews called the Eco-Boost a little lethargic and "flat" down low. With a Bama Performance tune that wont be a problem anymore! Let me know if anyone has any questions and I'm here to help!

[ame]

Sponsored

tallboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt performance pack
How much boost?

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Awesome you should do a 1/4 mile comparison between stock and OTS tune. It would be greatly appreciated
We're heading back to the track shortly and we should have a comparison up hopefully towards the end of the week!

How much boost?
Good question! I'll have to speak with Bama on this but from my test drive and making an educated guess it's going to be at least 20+ PSI and differentiates between half and wide open throttle as well.

Alex

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Good question! I'll have to speak with Bama on this but from my test drive and making an educated guess it's going to be at least 20+ PSI and differentiates between half and wide open throttle as well.

Alex
Stock is 23 PSI I believe, so it's probably around 25+. General rule of thumb is 10 HP for every PSI, but on smaller turbos like this one it will drop to around 8 HP per PSI.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Stock is 23 PSI I believe, so it's probably around 25+. General rule of thumb is 10 HP for every PSI, but on smaller turbos like this one it will drop to around 8 HP per PSI.
I vaguely recall it being 17-18 stock from MotorTrend (I'm going to hunt for the article) but I'll try to grab this from the Bama Team so we know!

Alex

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I vaguely recall it being 17-18 stock from MotorTrend (I'm going to hunt for the article) but I'll try to grab this from the Bama Team so we know!

Alex
Oh, yeah, you're right. Just found the article. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1409_2015_ford_mustang_ecoboost_23_first_test/

Hoping this turbo can squeeze out around 23-25 PSI. I doubt that it has the flow rate for higher RPM power at that kind of PSI though. Do you guys have a turbo map for it or anything?

86GT

Threads
Reaction score
I'm more excited to see all the tuners get power out to 6000rpm. the stock maps are pretty poor performance-wise

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
nice amount of power on the low end even though it falls more after 5k. Keep us posted

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I hope we can use it on the road too for EB with AT and not only on the race track. Only pointing out the head problem other tuner were saying.

Sponsored

Biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport
Not sure where you got that general rule of thumb, but I've never heard of that before.

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I'm more excited to see all the tuners get power out to 6000rpm. the stock maps are pretty poor performance-wise
Agreed-Bama is going to make gobs of power in the safest manner-We were pretty shocked to see what Ford left on the table here!

nice amount of power on the low end even though it falls more after 5k. Keep us posted
Agreed and I will do! This thing is literally a monster guys!

I hope we can use it on the road too for EB with AT and not only on the race track. Only pointing out the head problem other tuner were saying.
Papaya-We haven't taken it off the Track tune yet and I would personally assure you that it's safe to use on a daily basis-The Track tune is setup in a way that it's geared for the track as it's going to have aggressive settings but it's absoltuely useable daily! Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Agreed-Bama is going to make gobs of power in the safest manner-We were pretty shocked to see what Ford left on the table here!

Agreed and I will do! This thing is literally a monster guys!

Papaya-We haven't taken it off the Track tune yet and I would personally assure you that it's safe to use on a daily basis-The Track tune is setup in a way that it's geared for the track as it's going to have aggressive settings but it's absoltuely useable daily! Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex

Thanks for all the uplifting news!! Reading these posts is better than goin to church :hail: lol

Based on what your'e seeing so far what do you think an Ecoboost PP with a ford racing cat back (which you helped me get), JLT CAI and a BAMA tune will be able to put down on the track with the stock wheels??

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
To really take advantage of that Turbo with a tune, you need:

1. BoV
  2. WasteGate
  3. Larger Down Pipe
  4. Larger Intercooler
  5. Larger throttle body
  6. Ported manifold
  7. CAI
  8. Delete cats
  9. Tune
  10. larger Injectors
  11. better fuel pump
This package will bring you close to 400 RWHP.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
. General rule of thumb is 10 HP for every PSI, but on smaller turbos like this one it will drop to around 8 HP per PSI.
LOL WHAT!? there is no General rule of thumb.. Turbos for PSI~HP is different for every car.. that was a dumb assumption.
Sponsored