Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt

The guys at Bama Performance have been working on our Competition Orange 2015 Mustang Ecoboost for some time now and we're totally blown away with what they were able to extract out of this little 4 Cylinder! Check out the results below!

While our stock 2015 Ecoboost was able make a pretty impressive 258 RWHP and 277 RWTQ right off the truck with 93 octane. With the 93 Octane Track tune on our 2015 EcoBoost the car produced a whopping 283 RWHP and 342 RWTQ, making over 25 HP and 47 TQ peak gains and 44 HP and 66 TQ under the curve! Some of the initial reviews called the Eco-Boost a little lethargic and "flat" down low. With a Bama Performance tune that wont be a problem anymore! Let me know if anyone has any questions and I'm here to help!

[ame]

To simplify the growth on our 2015 Ecoboost:

• 87/93 Octane Stock RWHP/RWTQ: 258/277
  • 93 Octane Bama Tuned RWHP/RWTQ: 283/342

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the fun happens between 4,000-6,000. Nice gains.

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the fun happens between 4,000-6,000. Nice gains.
The delivery is so smooth you'd think it came right from the factory, It's absolutely ridiculous. It's highly reminiscent of some big turbo 4 cylinders I've been in just without the lag!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The delivery is so smooth you'd think it came right from the factory, It's absolutely ridiculous. It's highly reminiscent of some big turbo 4 cylinders I've been in just without the lag!
It does look extremely linear compared to the other tunes we've seen. :)

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
Interesting how the torque curve flattens out between 6300 and redline... I'd imagine that would be quite noticeable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
It does look extremely linear compared to the other tunes we've seen. :)
Definitely-I can't stress enough the stock/OEM like drivability. This car really rocks and it's making me second guess looking at a GT!

Interesting how the torque curve flattens out between 6300 and redline... I'd imagine that would be quite noticeable.
Agreed-Despite the EB's turbo size there's still a lot much more room for growth.

Alex

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Do you have 0-60 and 1/4 #s?
We're going to be heading back to the track tomorrow to get some more testing with the Bama crew. Once I hear the results I'll get them posted!

Alex

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
This is pretty awesome !!

How much would this cost? Will it void the factory warranty? What else has to be modified under the hood to receive this tune?

This is pretty exciting for us EcoBoost fans !

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
How much would this cost? Will it void the factory warranty?

This is pretty exciting for us EcoBoost fans !
Hey Joey-Check it out here: Bama X4/SF4 (EcoBoost)

Regarding the warranty this is typically dealt with on a case by case/Dealer to Dealer basis and I would recommend contacting them about this!

Alex

Sponsored

akwal07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang kona blue v6
We're going to be heading back to the track tomorrow to get some more testing with the Bama crew. Once I hear the results I'll get them posted!

Alex
Sounds good! One last question, in terms of adaptive shifting will the tune disable it? (Unlike 11-14) or is it not as conservative as the 11-14?

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Sounds good! One last question, in terms of adaptive shifting will the tune disable it? (Unlike 11-14) or is it not as conservative as the 11-14?
Sure! Let me know if you have any questions at all!

Bama's Sport Tune uses factory adaptive logic but it's modified for performance/spirited driving. Turning off adaptive strategies is never a good idea! The Track Tune makes further adjustments to limit adaptation. Having romped on both and being a little more partial to the race tune on my car I think the Track tune is where it's at!

Alex

akwal07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang kona blue v6
Sure! Let me know if you have any questions at all!

Bama's Sport Tune uses factory adaptive logic but it's modified for performance/spirited driving. Turning off adaptive strategies is never a good idea! The Track Tune makes further adjustments to limit adaptation. Having romped on both and being a little more partial to the race tune on my car I think the Track tune is where it's at!

Alex
Thank you for your answers! I've noticed on my 11 six 91 Bama race tune which is great I just reset the adaptive shifting every 2 weeks because I sit in traffic all day out here in California. You guys provide some great wheel spinning fun

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your answers! I've noticed on my 11 six 91 Bama race tune which is great I just reset the adaptive shifting every 2 weeks because I sit in traffic all day out here in California. You guys provide some great wheel spinning fun
Anytime! I'm always around to help! I know that it can be a little jumpy (I like that) but it can be adjusted pending driving styles. I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying their tunes so much. I know they definitely bring a smile to my face daily!

Alex
Sponsored