Baer Front & Rear Drag Brakes installed

OP
OP

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Whipple Auto
1/4 mile. The swap dropped ~50 lbs off the front end. I’m hoping I can get the same gain by doing this brake package. I think it drops close to 100lbs if I remember correctly.
This will drop 60lbs off the front and 40 off the rear. In terms of rotational mass, its around 35-40lb reduction which is pretty significant.

You'll definitely gain from them.

Tony
Sponsored

OP
OP

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was there any extra hardware needed to complete the install?
It will work with the factory brake lines but I got some stainless Goodridge lines to put on with them. Everything comes in the kit from Baer including new mounting bolts, copper washers, etc.

Tony

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Mine brake like stock. Only notice fade if I do hard back to back to back braking like the breaking procedure calls for. My car didn’t come with brembos.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You'll be fighting brake dust for ever.

OP
OP

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How have these brakes been holding up vs stock? Any brake tests?
The brakes are holding up well.

Haven't done any brake tests. The initial bite of the brakes upon engagement is similar to the stock brakes. When in a panic stop situation, they definitely don't stop as well. Subjectively, it feels like 80% of the stopping power of the factory brakes during those situations.

Given the trade off of braking performance for acceleration, I think it's a fair trade. If someone has plans to autocross the car, not a good trade off at all. These brakes won't take multiple hard stops before they fade.

Tony

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are great brakes for reducing weight, but if anyone believes these will last as long as the factory set up, they are misguided. I replaced many rotors front and rear with set ups like this this on my drag only car because of the rotors cracking while still using the parachute. The dust these give off makes the Brembo cars look like they are a ceramic set up. Now that being said., I only drive my car 4k miles a year and when it becomes a 1/4 mile champion, I will add these. But until than, I'll keep the brakes that are on it or add the rears because the 15 inch wheel is the look I like.

After 20-30k daily driving miles are added on this set up, please report back. I'd like to see how they are holding up. If they are holding up well. I'd consider these earlier.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Doesnt want race brakes because dust....will jump thru hoops and grind suspension to run 15s because of the look. Lmao wow just wow.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I just ordered a set of these and I am wondering how bad the noise is? Also do they just bolt right on to the stock performance pack mounts. From looking at the instructions it seems like you just remove stock calipers and rotors and bolt these on.

OP
OP

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They squeal or groan at engagement or disengagement when cold. When warmed up, they quiet down a lot.
Sponsored