Sponsored

Baer Drag Brake - Parking Brake

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Has anyone looked at adapting something like the single piston wilwood parking brake to the baer kit? It looks like a relatively simple bracket and possibly custom length cables is all that is needed.

http://www.wilwood.com/Calipers/CaliperList.aspx?subname=MC4 Mechanical

I fully intend to run the rear brakes on my MT82 car but am not a fan of just leaving it in gear, especially when I'm on a steep driveway with no curb.

I have plans made to use a manual hydraulic lock but that is a big "plan B" considering hydraulic isn't the most ideal method of setting it and forgetting it (leakdown), however it would serve it's purpose in the way I use my car.
willwood.jpg
Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
The same here. Dont want to lose my ebrakes when doing the baer conversion.

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Well I do have some headway in figuring this out. Just need to send a note to Willwood to find out if the components are available for sale. I would suspect they should be as replacement parts.

They use the MC4 caliper in the rear big brake kits. These kits come with the proper ebrake cables and mounts for the calipers. The caliper mounts bolt to the new radial mount for the big calipers.

It appears it would be relatively easy, using this mount, to fabricate a mount that could secure between the bolt heads and spindle on the rear brakes.

The Ebrake cable kit part # is 330-14012
The mount kit part # is 249-14009/10- now this is the whole kit and we only need the small "wing" mounts. Here is the list of Part # included in the mount kit, I don't yet know which one is the parking brake mount. 230-9182, 230-13776, 240-11101, 250-14009, 250-14010.
ds1078_IPB-lg.jpg

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
Oh wow. Thanks for doing the research. Hopefully this works out then ill have matching baer front and rear brakes. Thanks again.

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Heard back from Wilwood today.

Good news! They will sell the components, they just don't have them listed on the site. I intend to call them and get more details such as cost and whether or not I can order the part of the mount that connects the caliper to the radial mount adapter.

I can then try and get a main mount fabbed to drop the caliper down 1.5" or so and see how it works.

Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
Heard back from Wilwood today.

Good news! They will sell the components, they just don't have them listed on the site. I intend to call them and get more details such as cost and whether or not I can order the part of the mount that connects the caliper to the radial mount adapter.

I can then try and get a main mount fabbed to drop the caliper down 1.5" or so and see how it works.

OMG Im excited and hopefully this fixes or substitutes the e brake and i can finally match my baer setup. Thanks for all the research man. :cheers:

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Parking brake bracket bots to the radial mount in that design. Unfortunately it wont work with the baer calipers as the use the factory threaded holes in the knuckle to bolt the caliper directly to it. Also the mount would only work with the larger diameter rotor in that kit and will not have the room to work with the smaller baer rotor. Do what I did buy some fancy race ramps wheel chocks and forget all about the parking brake cable. Been well over a year of leaving it in gear and on plenty steep hills, and I didn't bother with the chock a there was a curb so just pointed my tire towards it. Helps having an RXT twin discs as I would have worried with the factory clutch on a few of the hills I parked but if your installing these brakes you most likely don't have a factory clutch.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
The thing is I already have Brembo calipers sitting here on the bench. I just need to mill some brackets for this and the 4 piston calipers.

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I fully intend to see this through it just may take a little bit as I’m not in full on thrash/prep mode for SCT-OKC.
Sponsored