Sponsored

Bad Tires

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
So we've talked a lot about good tires. Comfort and track. What about bad tires? What tires should we stay away from? Surprisingly, Speed Academy ran a test and Chinese tires won over Japanese and German tires. What are the "medicore" or tires that save us some bucks? I feel like a good budget tire are Potenzas RS980AE.
Are any of you starting to buy Chinese or Czeck tires? Any reviews on them?
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Life is too short to drive on mediocre tires. Also, a lot of big brand name tires are actually made in countries like China, so country of origin isn't so interesting as the brand/model of product itself.

Also what category of tires are you wanting to know about? There's a huge range from sticky low treadwear rating summer tires to winter weather capable all-seasons to full on snow tires. The question is too broad. Firestone Indy 500 gets thrown around as a good budget tire.

I'd throw everything Nitto south of the NT01 into the 'bad tire' category, and not in a good budget way.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
The worst tires I have ever put on this car were the stock P Zeros. Even the NT555G2s were better, and a lot cheaper.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Life is too short to drive on mediocre tires. Also, a lot of big brand name tires are actually made in countries like China, so country of origin isn't so interesting as the brand/model of product itself.

Also what category of tires are you wanting to know about? There's a huge range from sticky low treadwear rating summer tires to winter weather capable all-seasons to full on snow tires. The question is too broad. Firestone Indy 500 gets thrown around as a good budget tire.

I'd throw everything Nitto south of the NT01 into the 'bad tire' category, and not in a good budget way.
I'm just wanting tonknow which tores to steer clear from. I've heard Chinese tires are bad, like Nankang. However, Nankang beat Toyo.
Sponsored