Bad ford quality, Cars to replace my S550 GT

Future cars

• Total voters

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
For those that post on here about the quality of their "Ford" or "S550", has anyone taken the same effort to actually write to Ford Corp. or even post on all their Social Media accounts to express the same dissatisfaction?

Just wondering. . .
Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
For those that post on here about the quality of their "Ford" or "S550", has anyone taken the same effort to actually write to Ford Corp. or even post on all their Social Media accounts to express the same dissatisfaction?

Just wondering. . .
I sent an email to complain about the poor panel fit but the blind guys in the panel fitting department weren't able to read it. :)

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I've also found it simply amazing that a BMW owner can look you in the eye and tell you how good BMW's are all while they are driving a ranger because the BMW is broke down again.
Well... as you can tell from my handle, I am a BMW guy. And honestly, it is a love/hate relationship. Owning one out of warranty can be a real gamble, but if you can get one that's not too old with less than 100K miles, they are not too bad.

The real problem with many of them is that the first owner often leases them, so they get the scheduled (paid for) oil services at 18K (it's gotten better recently, signaling for a change after a year if the mileage isn't reached) and nothing else. The second owner often buys a CPO, and so again does very little maintenance. By the time the third owner gets it, it's 5 years old and has 70K miles and that's when things start to go... you paid $35K for what was a $90K car and it's still a $90K car when it comes to maintenance and repairs, and so a lot of stuff gets ignored or deferred for the fourth owner, who goes bankrupt constantly chasing down issues.

But generally speaking, the driving experience makes it worthwhile for most of us, and so we put up with the outrageous costs and headaches.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I am a huge fan of BMW, Porsche and Mercedes. I usually buy these brands used, as the new car prices for the models I like all exceed $100k. BimmerDriver pretty much nailed it. The ergonomics and quality of these cars is just a lot better than Ford, or other domestics. But, they are not without their quirks and these quirks can be damned expensive or very annoying. You really need to do your homework about what models to avoid and you should get CPO or extended warranty, if at all possible.

I bought my Mustang GT because I wanted a break from the hassle, maintenance costs and potential major repair expense of German performance cars. Repair costs on a Mustang are chump change by comparison. But, I really miss my last 3 German cars.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Agree with @BimmerOnly except on the Merc side of things. I've had a couple of Mercedes. 2016 C300 and a 2018 C43 and you don't know what expensive is until you tick out of warranty and something goes wrong. Germans make great cars but holy hell batman they are 'spensive as hell to maintain. Schedule A on my CPO was $580.00 CDN and that's basically an oil change and tire kicking.

Younger BMW/Merc drivers tend to be rough on them too so treat it like a lady who has bad PTSD after a bad relationship; you MIGHT be able to get away with some fun but if you expect to walk in and roll it hard, like you may have done in your GT, then you gonna be shopping for a new one before 2023.

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Hyundai Elantra>>> mustang
dude, you bought a 2nd year car of a new generation that had God only knows what done to it and mods that should've told you grama didn't own the car.

you ignored red flags and now wanna blame ford for a car's issues that they haven't even touched in years?

...and now you're choosing between a vette and 3 bmw's (all of which are probably used).

let us know which one you pick so we can watch this exact thread on one of those forums in a couple years.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Buy what you want, but if it was me. I'd go new on the bmw's or toyo bmw and as low mile c7 you can find.
If you want less headaches and cost. get a mx5. not as powerful but it is light and small and fun to toss around.
I would write off the 10 year old beemer as a choice unless it will be the 2nd car not your main daily.
I would research the normal service required at what mileage and what your local bmw or toyo/etc dealer gets for that service. Just so you have a reality check on the real cost of ownership of these vehicles IF you have them serviced as required.
I will not try to talk you out of any of the ones you listed, If you need a change so be it. If you plan on keeping it past the oem warranty I would strongly advise on a oem extended warranty if offered. Rolling the dice can hurt .
I have never been a fan of off lease AKA CPO cars as the first owner knew they are not keeping it. So they cared for it and drove it like a rental.
Good luck. But if you are really going to sell the s550 I would do it now. and get your new toy now. as % rates went up again, and they will raise them 2 more time by winter/spring. making it a hard sell on a high mile pony and a costly buy if you are not paying cash for your new or new to you ride.
Sponsored