Bad Experiences With New 2016 Saleen Yellow Label

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
Sheesh, if it was me, i'de pack it up, send it back. Don't send it back untill it's correct. End of story.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Haha, turns out I only have good one picture that my wife took. All my other pictures are problem pictures.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow, it need a bath first

I honestly like its look, they did very little to the car cosmetically, but its fits my simple tastes.
Regardless of the issues your having, its a really pretty car. It's unfortunate Saleen's legacy will be destroyed with this nonsense. But I'm guessn with just a little legwork on your part all those issues will get resolved.

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label Mustang
Beautiful car buddy :thumbsup:
I really like the '302' callouts and the rims... 20's I'm assuming?
1" drop too? Pity about the cosmetic issues (if you lived near me
I'd fix em up for free), how's it mechanically?

Saleen needs to fire whoever paints the parts. Talked to my sales guy
at Ford, he said they would repair it & go after Saleen for the costs (if they
were a Saleen dealer).

Surprised Derek didn't offer to do just that (reimburse your Ford dealer to
carry out the repairs).

Haha, I figured the same but, he has done nothing but deny the fact that they shipped something with problems saying that it passed their quality control so it is fine. Even after my dealer tried to convince them and I supplied a Ford Authorized Body Shops statement saying its their paints issues.

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well.... Ive posted my problems on these two Saleen specific forums.

http://teamsaleenusa.com
http://saleenforums.soec.org/

Guess what, they shut one down and completely deleted the other. I would not trust either one of these or a word they say. They are clearly in Saleens pocket and do not care about the facts.

Here is the message and the sent reply to the http://teamsaleenusa.com message I got.

EDIT: The post was restored on teamsaleenusa.com, but was then removed again Augutst 31st

I am eagarly awaiting Amy's supposed phone call on Monday

Last edited:

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
I would lemon law it, or call whoever it is financed through and tell them you are taking it back to the dealer and dropping it off, for good!

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I would lemon law it, or call whoever it is financed through and tell them you are taking it back to the dealer and dropping it off, for good!
Nothing like a voluntary surrender(reposession) , to trash your credit.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Nothing like a voluntary surrender(reposession) , to trash your credit.
Yes. I did that many years ago with a pos Hyundai. Stayed on my credit for 10 years. I'll never do that again. I should of sold or traded it in instead of a voluntary repossession.

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That car doesnt even look that different from stock. Wheels, springs, grill and whatever shitty thing they put on the back and then more shitty mis aligned stickers inside. The Kenne Belle is the best part. I dont want to know how much you spent on basically a supercharger, wheels and some cheep cosmetic parts. I would have ordered all those parts myself and found a good shop to install all of it and saved a ton of money and have no problems. What a shit company and I hope that Derek guy gets his ass kicked by someone who is not as nice and patient as you.

I would call a lawyer and see what your options are, it wont cost you anything. Then I would sue them for everything they have and post your story in all the mustang forums and make a youtube video and mirror that on facebook and all the other social media sites.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I saw Steve Saleen will be at Mustang Week. Drive it on over and show him personally. Hell, I would have found a way to contact him instead of this Derek clown.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I saw Steve Saleen will be at Mustang Week. Drive it on over and show him personally.
That's a great idea! Make him and his product look like crap in front of everyone and put him on the spot. Maybe that'll smarten him up. (Probably not.)
Good luck OP!

Sponsored
OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That car doesnt even look that different from stock. Wheels, springs, grill and whatever shitty thing they put on the back and then more shitty mis aligned stickers inside. The Kenne Belle is the best part. I dont want to know how much you spent on basically a supercharger, wheels and some cheep cosmetic parts. I would have ordered all those parts myself and found a good shop to install all of it and saved a ton of money and have no problems. What a shit company and I hope that Derek guy gets his ass kicked by someone who is not as nice and patient as you.

I would call a lawyer and see what your options are, it wont cost you anything. Then I would sue them for everything they have and post your story in all the mustang forums and make a youtube video and mirror that on facebook and all the other social media sites.
I purchased it mainly for the warranty. I supercharged my last mustang and I was always nervous about something blowing up. Thought the saleen with a supposed 3 year warrenty was the more responsible way to go. Now I'm not so sure.

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
I grew up in Ankeny, very close to Ames. My dad has worked in Ames for 35+ years and I've owned 3 Mustangs (although haven't purchased any from Ames Ford). I know this dealership very well after shopping for a few cars in Ames and would also reflect what you're saying that they are a quality dealership.

With that being said ~ my blood is boiling after spending 20 minutes reading this whole thread and checking out your post on the Saleen forum. They are literally robbing people of their money and it makes me wish ill things upon them. There is no place for this kind of dishonesty and disloyalty to anyone who has purchased something (let alone a very expensive car). Fact of the matter is, you paid them to do a job and they didn't do it. You should get your money back in full if you ask me. At this point it seems like the lies are more damaging than the actual damage to the car. That can be fixed but the habitual dishonesty from the entire Saleen team is pretty pathetic.

I'll keep my eyes on this and I wish you the best of luck with this fiasco. Hopefully I get a chance to see your car in the Des Moines area sometime in the near future.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Funny, just looked at the link to the teamsaleen forum and saw a few people complaining their "membership packets" had not shown-up and one of the mods posted about some issue with t-shirt delivery....but they'll make it up to everyone..........those guys are killing it!

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well... I think I've gotten the attention of the Saleen President Amy she has decided to chime in over here.

http://teamsaleenusa.com/index.php?...-experience-with-saleen-yellow-lable-mustang/

She is now trying to claim that they will not fix some parts do to "wear areas" from buffing.

Fun Fact. The car has never been buffed.

She has been supplied the exact same photos as I have posted here. Do any of the photos look like buffing burn to you? Sure doesn't look like it to me, nore my dealer, nore the 3 body shops I took the car to.

If any of you experts would like to chime it over there at the post teamsaleenusa.com that would greatly appreciated.

But since she decided to question my integrity and try to put it on me, I took some more fun pictures of the saleen deck lid. Many of them show that the deck lid overall is very low quality. I do quality control for a living, I have kept many of my comments to myself about the fit and finish of the car but accuse me of trying to get someone else to pay for my mistake, not acceptable. If I would have damaged the car, I would have just payed to fix it, not fight with someone for 4 months.

This is how big the gouge is now from opening and closing my trunk and the cover hitting my tail lights.

This corner has a popped paint bubble, painted over chip and about in inch of touch up paint.

Next, the deck lid was cracked, then painted over, there are sanding marks most likely in the primer that shows in the paint, along with over half a dozen pea size dimples or gashes that have been painted over.

Next is the fiberglass texture coming through the paint on most the rear deck lid cover. The primer and paint must be very thin. Im a horrible picture taker but this is very noticeable to the human eye throughout the cover.

Sponsored

Last edited: