Bad Experiences With New 2016 Saleen Yellow Label

Discussion in 'Mustang S550 General Forums' started by scharfe, Aug 23, 2017.

1. IPOGT

IPOGT Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Alan
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang FP/GT 1979 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400
    0   0   0
    OK, OK. We ALL KNOW Steeda sells cars. Enough already, We get it.
    I hope this guy gets taken care of by his choice of modifier.
    Maybe Steeda will offer you a discount in trade to get one of theirs as a gesture?
    By the way,....Steeda sells cars.

Roaster likes this.
  2. 2morrow

2morrow DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR

First Name:
    Todd
    Vehicle(s):
    '16 Mustang GTPP
    0   0   0
    ^^^ :lol::lol::lol:

3. Mike's Mustang

Mike's Mustang Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT 401A
    0   0   0
    I believe you meant to say....

using-sms-text-messaging-to-engage-screen-candidates-3-638.jpg

2morrow likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    scharfe

scharfe Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Saleen Yellow Label Mustang
    0   0   0
    Haha I wish, spoke the a Steeda guy, they are built to order, after the fiasco with Saleen and having it built I'm just not ready to go through that process again. My interaction with Saleen has made me a bit nervous with dealing these types of companies in general. I'm sure they are all not as bad as Saleen.

But the fact that they can say, no its not our fault, even with photos, proof, and signed statement they can still get away with doing this. And the cost to fight it would be more than just paying for the repairs out of my pocket.

5. OP
    OP
    scharfe

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    I am not 100% but I do not believe you can make your car an official Roush, Saleen or Steeda, I believe they only take new cars and modify them. If you were to put all the parts on from one of these companies it would be a "clone" and probably not worth as much as an made from new one, with the badges, serial numbers ect...Just a guess though.

From the aspect of modifying mustangs yourself vs buying the Roush, Saleens ect... this is my experience with it. For me this is how I see it, it may not be true for everyone.

I am a very numbers orientated guy. I literally bring a computer with a custom excel sheet with me when I negotiate with price. Very good tactic for me so far, last time I bought a car we were $7,000 apart, I gave up $0 in negotiation. Its really hard for a dealer to say no when you can point at number and say, if you say yes you will make bla,bla dollars between me buying this car and you selling my trade in. No need to be greedy lol.

For my situation with modifying a 2012 mustang gt cs in the past, I added about $12,000 into the car, main piece was a ford racing supercharger kit, and then the normal upgrade all from well known companies, no no-name eBay parts. When I went to go trade it in, probably got quotes from 6-10 different dealers, most were ford dealers, 95% offered me suggest trade in value for a stock mustang (or alittle less), added $0 for the $12,000 in add ons, they just didn't care. So in my experience, any or most of the money you put into a Mustang on your own, you wont get back. This may be different from selling privately but I often avoid heavily modified cars myself and there is the added hassle and the loss of the trade in tax credit.

For buying the already made, roush steeda, saleen,shelby, hennessy ect....Yes you will pay more for the car than if you were to add everything yourself. (some companies are a bit more steep than others on their markup) But you will be able to sell the car for more, because it has that name on it. For me on my situation the numbers came out that I would be better off buying a pre-made car with a WARRANTY for piece of mind that it would be build another one on my own like I did in the past. I came to my conclusion with 1) my expirence with my last car 2)looking at what new and used cars were going for and the loss people were taking 3)I tend to gravitate to the more expensive mustang gts with appearance packages and PP, but also tend to gravitate to the cheaper optioned roushes or saleens ect.

But in retrospect if I could do it all again, I probably would have bought a no option gt premium, slapped a Whipple stage 2 kit on it and enjoyed myself. Instead, between the last 5 months of pulling my hair out in frustration and the likelihood of loosing about $10,000 on a 6 month old car its not feeling that great.

But it can always be worse, could have grenaded the engine, and honestly don't trust the company to cover it, nor do I trust their build quality, if its anything like their paint quality control, I better make sure all the bolts and nuts are there lol.

6. My_Coyote

My_Coyote Howl'n in the Desert

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Denise Feil
    Consumer Affairs Manager
    1 American Road
    Dearborn, MI 48126
    (313) 322-3000

[email protected]

7. yohoeimmattbro

yohoeimmattbro Amateur Mexican

First Name:
    Matthew
    Vehicle(s):
    Oxford White 2017 GT
    0   0   0
    I'm pretty sure every single person in my office just heard me fall out of my chair laughing

8. yohoeimmattbro

yohoeimmattbro Amateur Mexican

First Name:
    Matthew
    Vehicle(s):
    Oxford White 2017 GT
    0   0   0
    Incredibles reference.....I like it

9. Vato

Vato Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Frank
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    Get ready for more Saleen. I just received an email of the Saleen sport truck being available. They're available for order starting today. Saleen truck.jpg Saleen truck1.jpg

2morrow likes this.
  10. My_Coyote

My_Coyote Howl'n in the Desert

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT
    0   0   0

Is your name Derek? can you provide us some specifications please

11. MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX Driver

First Name:
    DT
    Vehicle(s):
    19 Mustang GT convertible, Orange Fury + Ebony, A10/PP/AE/MS/B&O
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    Can I skip ordering the vehicle, send you $10K, and just have someone come over and kick me in the nuts for a week?

12. OP
    OP
    scharfe

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    I'm going to have to respectfully decline that one.

Why do they keep trying to add new things when they are having issues building what they have now, on time, and of decent quality. Baby steps people

13. MikeD1

MikeD1 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Challenger Hellcat
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    And all they have to show is an artists rendering ??

I have Unicorns available for adoption, they fart rainbows - taking orders (and deposits) now !

14. dbegley

dbegley Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dennis
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
    Garage Profiles:
    Business Consultant
    0   0   0
    Thanks let me contemplate that. Ok I did and am going to pass on a Saleen anything. I like the drawing though. Very nice. Wonder if it has a motor?

15. Inthehighdesert

Inthehighdesert Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 gt convertible
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    :paddle:
    :paddle::lol:

16. Vato

Vato Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Frank
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    No fellas not Derek but here is part of the email received.

For Immediate release – Sept. 20, 2017

Saleen Sport Trucks Return!

Newest offering will further expand line up of Saleen Automotive performance vehicles for 2018

Corona, Ca. - Saleen Automotive, highly respected for innovative high performance vehicles of all kinds, returns to the truck market with the announcement of their new 2018 Sport Truck. Available beginning in November 2018, the truck will again be based on the popular Ford F150 platform. Power will be offered in four levels including enhanced Eco-boost 2.7 and 3.6-liter naturally-aspirated engines and a supercharged version of 5.0-liter V8.

“We are excited to have returned to our heritage with a high performance Saleen Sport Truck that fits perfectly within our program for a full line of high performance vehicles carrying the Saleen brand,” Said Steve Saleen, CEO of Saleen Automotive. “Our Sport Truck heritage includes many race wins as well as a national championship. In the past, our Saleen S331 Sport Trucks and the extremely popular Ford Harley Davidson F150 SC were produced at the Saleen Automotive factory. The time is right that we return to the market with a product that feeds an audience of hungry Saleen Truck enthusiasts.”

The Saleen Sport Truck will be instantly recognizable as a Saleen-exclusive offering. The new bodywork includes a functional air dam, front brake ducting, racing inspired grille and hood with center sculpting. The rear of the truck will feature Saleen nameplate trim in the center of the tailgate and large rear exhaust tips that tuck neatly into the lower rear valance for a race inspired look. Racecraft suspension, Super Charged optional interior and brakes are also available. The trucks will be available with side skirts or a full body step kit and Saleen-exclusive alloy wheels wrapped with General Tire high performance tires.

Saleen is currently taking orders for the all new Sport Truck with delivery slated for the end of this year. Interested parties can call 800.888-8945 and ask for the sales team!

17. crs2879

crs2879 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Here is the balance of the truck marketing e-mail.......never seen a CYA statement like this before:

Safe Harbor Statement
    This release contains “forward-looking statements” that include information relating to future events and future financial and operating performance. The words “may,” “would,” “will,” “expect,” “estimate,” “can,” “believe,” “potential” and similar expressions and variations thereof are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements should not be read as a guarantee of future performance or results, and will not necessarily be accurate indications of the times at, or by, which that performance or those results will be achieved. Forward-looking statements are based on information available at the time they are made and/or management’s good faith belief as of that time with respect to future events, and are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual performance or results to differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Important factors that could cause these differences include, but are not limited to: fluctuations in demand for Saleen®Automotive’s products, the introduction of new products, the Company’s ability to maintain customer and strategic business relationships, the impact of competitive products and pricing, growth in targeted markets, the adequacy of the Company’s liquidity and financial strength to support its growth, and other information that may be detailed from time-to-time in Saleen Automotive’s filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Examples of such forward-looking statements in this release include statements regarding product offerings and marketing. For a more detailed description of the risk factors and uncertainties affecting Saleen® Automotive, please refer to the Company’s recent Securities and Exchange Commission filings, which are available at www.sec.gov. Saleen® Automotive undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

18. sw686blue

sw686blue Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
    0   0   0
    Obviously, all their money goes towards lawyers.

19. Inthehighdesert

Inthehighdesert Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 gt convertible
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    That company is obviously being run by a three ring circus to attach that garbage anywhere near a marketing bulletin. For Saleen to spend that kind of money on legal verbage but not pony up a few hundred dollars to correct customers vehicles and fix the bad pr is really unfathomable.

20. OP
    OP
    scharfe

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    Hmmm