Bad Experiences With New 2016 Saleen Yellow Label

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
The sad part is even if you did sue them, sounds like you would never get any money out of them
That's true, but the criminal charges for extortion and/or blackmail against the president would still stick.
Sponsored

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label Mustang
UPDATE:

Spoke to my dealer, they have heard nothing from Saleen since they sent in an RO on Sept 7th.

Also dealer has never been paid for the 4 times the car has been into their shop with saleens mechanical issues.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Not to hijack, but if you are ever in the mood for another option down the road, Steeda makes some very nice Performance Vehicles, sold through Ford Dealerships too:

TJ

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to hijack, but if you are ever in the mood for another option down the road, Steeda makes some very nice Performance Vehicles, sold through Ford Dealerships too:

TJ
I looked into these, couldn't find any at the time I bought my car, so all the pictures I seen on has a two tone look with a black hood and that not for me. Awesome blue one though

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
UPDATE:

Spoke to my dealer, they have heard nothing from Saleen since they sent in an RO on Sept 7th.

Also dealer has never been paid for the 4 times the car has been into their shop with saleens mechanical issues.
Did you see the news articles I posted??

Your Dealership ISN'T going to be paid based on the public information found in those articles. I'd tell your Dealership to review the articles as well.

You need to acquire an attorney before it's too late.

Sponsored

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you see the news articles I posted??

Your Dealership ISN'T going to be paid based on the public information found in those articles. I'd tell your Dealership to review the articles as well.

You need to acquire an attorney before it's too late.
Yep I've seen them, from my dealers standpoint it would probably cost them more to go after them to get paid by saleen. Sad but that business for you.

I have contacted a lawyer and have been going back and forth with them for weeks now, waiting to see if my car is mechanically fixed or if the 500 mile issue shows up again before taking the next step.

Fun Fact: When you are a shady company who does shady things, you can play the gray areas of laws to get away with shandy things. Unless someone chooses to go with an equally shady lawyer.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I looked into these, couldn't find any at the time I bought my car, so all the pictures I seen on has a two tone look with a black hood and that not for me. Awesome blue one though
I agree with you too Scharfe. The wheels, black hood, and overall styling was not for me either. But this one just posted looks really nice. It has HRE wheels too. Wish I would've seen more marketing on Steeda with cars like that before I bought the Saleen. I would've really considered it.

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just picked up the new deck lid cover.

Its better than the first one, but if this is what they think is acceptable quality I would hate to see a black label up close with all their painted parts.

All pictures are from taking the part out of the box, and immediately inspected and took pictures, didn't even clean all the box dust off.

Back side, what the heck is this, cracked everywhere, I was wondering how they were attached. Probably going to have to add additional sealant so this thing doesn't blow off going down the highway, wonder what the current one on my car looks like.

See why they have been trying to blame everything on buffing, the clearly have an issue with damaging their parts during their buffing phase, chipped to the primer, can feel lip with a fingernail.

Chipped Edge

I quit counting after a dozen fish eyes, must have painted this thing in a sand storm lol.

Still has the texture of the fiberglass visible in some spot but not as bad.

Really wish they would have just let the Ford Authorized body shop fix the first one properly.

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
About forgot this one. Buffing Burn?

Solid strategy, know your company has quality control issue, don't fix it, just attempt to blame your customer on damaging the parts instead.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
That's just bad....I mean really bad. I knew they had gone downhill, but this..this is a whole new level.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
This whole story is unbelievable. I don't get how they can get this stuff painted and ready and look at all the blemishes and ship it out in good conscience. Crazy.

OP..my worthless opinion is this... They clearly are up to their eyeballs in debt and already have multiple lawsuits. A suit from you won't even be on their radar, and you have proof they don't have any cash to pay you or your dealer back. Not to mention your legal costs which will never be recouped.

I think realistically you've gotten everything from them possible at this point. Doesn't seem like you're wasting much energy on them anymore anyway, which is probably best. Seems to me like it's time to just get your car's flaws corrected by an outside party and just find a million places to tell your story as a warning. Maybe your dealer can get you the body and paint work done at cost since they sold you the thing. Seems like they're trying to help you out.

Some may think by bowing out that you're letting them win, but at some point it's just not worth it anymore. They're already in far hotter water with others than they are with you. Let someone else take them down and go do what you need to do to enjoy your car.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Thought i would just read a post or two before hititng the sheets but had to read the whole damn thing thinking this would be a April fools day ending in September !!!!
Just unbelievable, so sad.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have several dealerships we work through & we also sell them made to order through our FL & MI distribution facilities - we try to get the word out as much as we can ... but sometimes, it is hard to market to the masses!

One of our best features is ... we manufacturer the parts that are on the Steeda Q-Series Mustangs ... you know they will perform well together!

We have something for everyone!