Bad driving habits with your Mustang

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
i always find myself drag racing with buddys in a lot behind this old factory or in a bass pro parking lot or somthing at night when its empty. and reving the shit out of the mustang when im at a light and theres one them young chicks in their boyfriends lowerd honda or subaru lol. the ones that think and act like its the fastest thing all because it their boyfriends and the boyfriends are all like '' i got a turbo'' but yeah i like to rev the hell out of it at them to piss them off. and i love reving and going full throttle thru tunnels.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Yesterday I came off the clutch too fast at a light and stalled out. People behind have no patience. Jeez.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know why I do it (wait...yeah I do) but if I see someone on the highway catching up to me something in my mind says hit the gas and don't let them. :crackup:

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
On my way home from work I will purposely try and catch a specific red light and be the first car so when it turns green I just go. Usually can get up to around 120 mph before I have to slow down for my turn.
I do this on my way to work since I leave so early there's less cars on the road. There's one light that has just a straightaway for a mile. If I am stopped at a light and no one in front of me, it's usually just empty road ahead, I floor it. :blush:

Sponsored

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I just cant help but blip the throttle in this thing. After startup in a parking lot or something...put it in reverse and give it a few blips while feathering the clutch. H-pipe and track exhaust mode...love it! I will say that the REV match does it a lot for me; everybody thinks I'm trying to race them.

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - 6R80 - Paxton 2200SL
I like getting in front of slow cars sitting in the passing lane, and slow down to like 20 under and then take off once they get the picture and switch lanes.

Too many assholes are breaking the law thinking that going 65 in the far left lane is fine/legal. Some probably even think they are doing a community service by slowing everyone down, but imo if you are gonna break the law, you can't be a dick also; pick one. Better to speed then fuck up everyone's day

drgnrdr33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP, 2003 Marauder
When I am lucky enough to get in front of a traffic break on the freeway it seems like an open invitation to hit the rev limiter

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yesterday I came off the clutch too fast at a light and stalled out. People behind have no patience. Jeez.
I love the people that honk instantaenously. Like, the light has just turned green, I'm literally letting the clutch out and I get honked at. It's honestly funny. But I have to remember that hardly anyone these days even knows that manual transmission still exists.

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I do this on my way to work since I leave so early there's less cars on the road. There's one light that has just a straightaway for a mile. If I am stopped at a light and no one in front of me, it's usually just empty road ahead, I floor it. :blush:
i used to be able to do it everyday bro lol

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I love the people that honk instantaenously. Like, the light has just turned green, I'm literally letting the clutch out and I get honked at. It's honestly funny. But I have to remember that hardly anyone these days even knows that manual transmission still exists.
And they don't care either....Just GTF out of MY way. ME, ME ME.

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
yall listen to this one lol. back when the virus first started and everybody was takin shelter staying home i would take my jacked up fast ass 07 gt out and drive around roads like it was a track and then i would take it on like this mini interstate i call it and i would absolutely pedal to the metal right before i would do it id always say ''pop the clutch hit the pedal comin down with all this metal'' and i would go fast as hell and do burnouts and shit cause this was all right after the virus started so i said shit everybody stayin home and aint nobody on roads thats my kind of paradise lol

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know why I do it (wait...yeah I do) but if I see someone on the highway catching up to me something in my mind says hit the gas and don't let them. :crackup:
:cwl: I have that same issue....how dare someone try to pass a Mustang....absolutely no respect. This morning on my drive to work I had that happen but I was in happy place and just let the toyota pass. :crackup:
Roads were a little wet and I just detailed it Monday so I didn't want it to get dirty! :crackup:

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Hi - It's 15 degrees, the wind is blowing at 20 mph and I'm bored as hell, so here goes. You know the old saying "misery loves company". Well, post your worst driving habits with your Mustang. If you really want to embarrass yourself, you can list more than one. It can be something bad for your car, bad for your safety or both. We'll find out how much company we have and perhaps shame will set in and improve our ways. I guess we could call this "Mustang Driving Confessions. There's another saying "age before beauty", so being in my 8th decade and refusing to look in my bathroom mirror with my glasses on, I'll start off. Bad for my car - A gear head friend of mine keeps reminding me (actually annoying me) that with my manual transmission I should put it in neutral at stop lights and take my foot off the clutch. He says I am causing premature wear. Being mechanically inept, I don't have any recourse except to say I've never had to replace a clutch. Safety wise - I usually hook up my seat belt as I'm driving down the street away from my house, rather than when I get in the car... Bruce
I'm half and half with putting it in neutral at a light...never had an issue with other manuals keeping it in gear and clutch pedal on the floor. Always wear my seatbelt since 1978 when a friend went through the windshield of her cuda and was picking glass out of her face for a loooong time after. She didn't have a seat belt on that day but did afterwards.

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I dont rev the engine enough. Most of the time i barely hit 6k while driving. Which is almost a crime in a Coyote.
The standing on the clutch at stoplights is something im currently trying to get rid of.
It might not damage the clutch per se, but the throwout bearing and clutch fingers.
Shifting at 6k will most certainly waste gas and get you pulled over (if this is off the track of course)
Sponsored