Sponsored

Bad Dealer - Is there a place for this? Apologies if not allowed.

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
My official review of Angela Krause Ford in Alpharetta, GA

Rather than share my emotions over this experience with you, I will give only the facts. I walked in to Angela Krause Ford on July 3rd, 2019 to buy a new car. They did not have exactly what I wanted. They found another dealer that had the car I wanted, reviewed the window sticker with me, negotiated a deal, and I agreed to buy the car. I signed the contract, the title paper work, and the loan paperwork. The car was financed with Ford Motor Credit. I insured the car, as required by the contract. The following are the factual events that happened after that:

They told me they had secured the vehicle – Not True

They told me the car was in Florida – Not True

They told me I would have the car in 24 to 48 hours - Not True

They told me the dealer that had the car sold it out from under me, after I bought it – Not True

They found another car that was in transit to another dealer from the factory. I agreed to take that one instead. It was $1000 more expensive, and we agreed I would pay $1000 less for it. They said they would have it shipped to me as soon as possible after it arrived at the destination dealer. Since they confirmed it had arrived at the destination dealer on 7/23 (Ford’s tracking claims it arrived 7/19):

They told me I would not be billed for a car I didn’t have – Not True

They told me, in these words, “Vehicle is in Transit to Atlanta” on 7/26 – Not True

They told me I misunderstood what that meant

They told me the car would be picked up between Monday and Wednesday (7/29-7/31) – Not True

They told me the car would be here by the end of the week, at the latest (8/2?) – Not True

They told me they had been given an pick up window – Again, not true

I have text messages, voicemails, and the contract and loan agreement I signed to verify these untruths.

It is now 8/1, and I still have no new car, it has not left the dealer in Arizona, and will not be here for another several days. I have since cancelled my deal with them, as I cannot stand to be lied to any more. Thank you for taking the time to read.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry you've had this unfortunate episode not all Ford dealers are bad ones. Always keep to this one rule when buying any car never sign on the dotted line until you have inspected and driven the car. When I ordered my Mustang I didn't put anything down and didn't sign for it until I drove it.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
The dealer I worked with did a dealer swap to get me a Mustang configured the way I wanted it. All they required up front was a $500 deposit. Once the car arrived and we jointly inspected and test drove it, we then negotiated a price and closed the deal. If I didn't like the car, I would gave been refunded the deposit. I have bought from them before, and will again when the time comes.

OP
OP
jgruben1134

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
The dealer I worked with did a dealer swap to get me a Mustang configured the way I wanted it. All they required up front was a $500 deposit. Once the car arrived and we jointly inspected and test drove it, we then negotiated a price and closed the deal. If I didn't like the car, I would gave been refunded the deposit. I have bought from them before, and will again when the time comes.
That's how it's supposed to happen. I bought the car based on the window sticker I was provided and the promise that my dealer had secured it from the other dealer, which turned out to be untrue. In the midst of all the other BS that happened in between, I received a bill for the first payment on a loan for a car I don't, and will never have. Worst behavior by a dealer I've ever seen, and I used to be in the business.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Ouch.

That’s brutal. Sorry, man.

It amazes me how shady some dealers are. Luckily the place I bought mine was great to work with.

But I’ve had bad experiences too. Once had a dealer not pay off my trade in. Didn’t know about it until the bank called me for their payment. That was a fun fight when I called the dealer.

Sponsored

Mr. Brutus

Mr. Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby
Sorry for your bad luck. I have gotten really good at buying new cars now, from early years of many battle scars like you describe. Your absolute best leverage position is to be working with the dealer that has the car you want on their lot. Dealer trades, orders, deposits on incoming or promised vehicles can work, but much more risk for you is possible. I have flown to dealers to get the car I wanted (but bought a round trip ticket in case I had to walk), and drove from Ohio to Baltimore to get my current Mustang. There are good dealers out there. I still don't let my guard down with a dealer until I am home with the car in my garage. They play on your emotions and excitement of getting your latest dream car. Your best leverage is their front door, and your willingness to walk away through it.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sorry for your bad luck. I have gotten really good at buying new cars now, from early years of many battle scars like you describe. Your absolute best leverage position is to be working with the dealer that has the car you want on their lot. Dealer trades, orders, deposits on incoming or promised vehicles can work, but much more risk for you is possible. I have flown to dealers to get the car I wanted (but bought a round trip ticket in case I had to walk), and drove from Ohio to Baltimore to get my current Mustang.
When I work with a dealer, all negotiations are done by email. It’s a much more efficient and clear way of communicating for both sides. Once terms are agreed, I request a quote that includes the vehicle and any extras promised during the negotiations. Free dealer added tint, free oil changes for first 60k miles, I want it in writing. Then I farm the quote out for the best interest rate separately from the dealer.

When I arrive to the dealership, the only thing I’m doing is simply test driving the car I picked out and finalizing the loan/paperwork. I’m literally at the dealer for less than an hour during the entire process.

If I get a great deal within 8 hours away, I’ll get a one-way rental with the option of making it a round trip rental. Over 8 hours away, round trip plane tickets.

Last edited:

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
My official review of Angela Krause Ford in Alpharetta, GA

Rather than share my emotions over this experience with you, I will give only the facts. I walked in to Angela Krause Ford on July 3rd, 2019 to buy a new car. They did not have exactly what I wanted. They found another dealer that had the car I wanted, reviewed the window sticker with me, negotiated a deal, and I agreed to buy the car. I signed the contract, the title paper work, and the loan paperwork. The car was financed with Ford Motor Credit. I insured the car, as required by the contract. The following are the factual events that happened after that:

They told me they had secured the vehicle – Not True

They told me the car was in Florida – Not True

They told me I would have the car in 24 to 48 hours - Not True

They told me the dealer that had the car sold it out from under me, after I bought it – Not True

They found another car that was in transit to another dealer from the factory. I agreed to take that one instead. It was $1000 more expensive, and we agreed I would pay $1000 less for it. They said they would have it shipped to me as soon as possible after it arrived at the destination dealer. Since they confirmed it had arrived at the destination dealer on 7/23 (Ford’s tracking claims it arrived 7/19):

They told me I would not be billed for a car I didn’t have – Not True

They told me, in these words, “Vehicle is in Transit to Atlanta” on 7/26 – Not True

They told me I misunderstood what that meant

They told me the car would be picked up between Monday and Wednesday (7/29-7/31) – Not True

They told me the car would be here by the end of the week, at the latest (8/2?) – Not True

They told me they had been given an pick up window – Again, not true

I have text messages, voicemails, and the contract and loan agreement I signed to verify these untruths.

It is now 8/1, and I still have no new car, it has not left the dealer in Arizona, and will not be here for another several days. I have since cancelled my deal with them, as I cannot stand to be lied to any more. Thank you for taking the time to read.
I just bought my 19 gt vert from them and had great experience.my sales guy was David.maybe it's just very bad sales guy and not dealer per se.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just bought my 19 gt vert from them and had great experience.my sales guy was David.maybe it's just very bad sales guy and not dealer per se.
The OP set himself up for the fail by not having the dealer obtain the vehicle first before finalizing the loan. Once the loan is finalized, you’ve killed any incentive for the dealer to complete the transaction in a timely fashion.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
As others have said I never sign anything until I actually see the car and test drive it. I've had my local dealer get me vehicles from other dealers on several occasions, mostly within 100 miles or so but with my explorer it was about 250 miles away in Sterling heights MI and I never had to give a deposit before they go get it.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
YOU made the mistake of believing what, "THEY TOLD ME".

Essentially what I and the others are saying is: if it's not in writing, it ain't gonna happen. Lesson learned.

BUT, are you seriously telling the rest of us that on your loan paperwork, the actual signed contract that obligates you to pay on the loan, there is no mention of the specific car you were supposed to get? I mean really, there is no VIN listed on the loan paperwork, nor mention of the make, model, & year of the car you were to receive?? I find this highly irregular?

I don't ever remember purchasing a car, even from a private person, where the lender didn't demand to have listed in the loan agreement the vehicle's VIN. NEVER.

If what you are stating is true and accurate, the VIN has to be listed somewhere in the loan application or final paper work that obligates you to the loan. This essentially binds the dealer to provide you with a specific car. This is the leverage you have.

OP
OP
jgruben1134

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
YOU made the mistake of believing what, "THEY TOLD ME".

Essentially what I and the others are saying is: if it's not in writing, it ain't gonna happen. Lesson learned.

BUT, are you seriously telling the rest of us that on your loan paperwork, the actual signed contract that obligates you to pay on the loan, there is no mention of the specific car you were supposed to get? I mean really, there is no VIN listed on the loan paperwork, nor mention of the make, model, & year of the car you were to receive?? I find this highly irregular?

I don't ever remember purchasing a car, even from a private person, where the lender didn't demand to have listed in the loan agreement the vehicle's VIN. NEVER.

If what you are stating is true and accurate, the VIN has to be listed somewhere in the loan application or final paper work that obligates you to the loan. This essentially binds the dealer to provide you with a specific car. This is the leverage you have.
Where did I say that information wasn't on the contract? I signed a standard buyers order, that included the VIN, the title application paperwork with the state, with the VIN, the loan agreement, with the VIN, and got a bill from FMC for the first payment on the loan, with the VIN.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Where did I say that information wasn't on the contract? I signed a standard buyers order, that included the VIN, the title application paperwork with the state, with the VIN, the loan agreement, with the VIN, and got a bill from FMC for the first payment on the loan, with the VIN.
O.K. Which one???

You spoke of two different cars. Yep, you got boned by a dealership that seemed to play nothing but games with you, but if you have signed contracts including a loan that obligates you to make payments on/for a specific car, then guess what, you are completely in the driver's seat (pun completely intended). You now have ALL the leverage against them.

I think it's time for you to contact the State of Georgia Attorney General's office and regale them of your interactions with this half-witted dealership?
Sponsored