Bad day at the track for a 350

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
for sure! I do a bunch of days at gman, i'm a member of the club thing there, and agree 10B is an extremely challenging corner that never feels good haha. my line is different on that turn than most people and still can bang off 139's consistently but i'm not sure if my way helps or hurts honestly, it's just mentally hard for me to dive deep to the left like most do without over braking.
Sponsored

Narwaniec594

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
17 Gt350
for sure! I do a bunch of days at gman, i'm a member of the club thing there, and agree 10B is an extremely challenging corner that never feels good haha. my line is different on that turn than most people and still can bang off 139's consistently but i'm not sure if my way helps or hurts honestly, it's just mentally hard for me to dive deep to the left like most do without over braking.
I ve only been twicebat gingerman but planning to go more next year! Fun track that will eat your brakes and tires haha. 10b turn is sketchy. Its a little downhill and kind of blind? Fun track but i have only done my pb aroubd 1:42 on cup2s. Next year i will get to your l level!! :)

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
How about more regarding track ins, just an over view will be enough.

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
i THINK the ins cost is reasonable for 3 day weekends, but i do a lot of single day events so it's cost prohibitive to me.... I would have spend like $6k in insurance this year if i'd have insured every event... add that to the deductible and depending on the track it's a reasonable risk... to me...

i DO get it for new tracks and the full weekend events though!

OP
OP
Jbraun2828

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
I think the 10% deductible is the problem. You would have to do some significant damage for insurance to come into play.

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
Glad you think that’s cheap. You have passed the HPDE multiple track day test.
Well the thread started with a pic of a Rapid (or Ruby) Red 350 w/ black stripes stuffed into a barrier. That’s the exact car I’m getting delivered this week. Made me a believer!! I think that car is totaled, but very glad the driver was apparently unhurt.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
exceeding the deductible depends on the car and what happens obviously....

The only off/impact I had cost me about $1200 in parts and materials on a S197 chassis, but i did the repair/paint myself and got lucky with parts sourcing too...

buddy had a VERY similar off in his 350, but went forward over the berm where i went backwards on mine, and his ended up being closer to $15k to have professionally repaired due to all the expensive gt350 bits up front that were damaged.

everybody's risk tolerance is different and lots of factors go into if it makes sense to insure for me.

after recently sliding thru someone else's oil a few weeks ago, and then seeing this accident, it's hard to account for all the variables! but man is it FUN!

Sponsored

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
I think many of these places do 12mo unlimited event coverage. Open Track does at least.

Hypothetical 60k policy:

Capture.JPG

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
yeah I looked at that too, and it's approx same cost for me at the number of events I do currently (I think 25 this year) but DID have a lower 5% deductible if I recall correctly. not bad if you do enough days!

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I think the 10% deductible is the problem. You would have to do some significant damage for insurance to come into play.
I hear you, but this is basically disaster insurance, and 1 way they can keep premiums somewhat reasonable.

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
yeah I looked at that too, and it's approx same cost for me at the number of events I do currently (I think 25 this year) but DID have a lower 5% deductible if I recall correctly. not bad if you do enough days!
Yep it's a numbers game as always. I always do 2-3 day events, and I would break even at 5 events vs single-event coverage. Just tossing it out there.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
my other issue is that i like/want to run my '68 sometimes too, which takes away from the annual policy cost per event ratio. My hagerty coverage was 350 per event so def takes more than 5 events for mine. the 68 is less per event though so I may look at this harder for 2021.

def appreciate the info though!
Sponsored