Bad day at the track for a 350

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
A really bad day today for a guy at the track. There was some debris on the track and he swerved to miss it and lost control sliding through the grass into a tire wall. It was cold and the track was slick all day. The spot he went off you’re typically running 95-100 mph. He was super fast all day and kicking my ass by 4-5 seconds every lap. I feel really bad for him, younger guy not sure if he’s on here or not.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
That sucks.

What track ? Gingerman ?

OP
OP
Jbraun2828

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
Yeah man, nice meeting you as well.

Sponsored

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
Hope he had track insurance.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That does suck. There have been arguments about this...and I don't want to rehash the issue but generally, it's considered proper etiquette to NOT send pictures of track misfortunes to others.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Good of you. Yeah, it's always interesting to see and we mostly post these with best wishes in mind but we don't know of the persons insurance situation, injuries or any of that stuff. Just best to leave it alone for a bit so we don't make anything worse for someone who is obviously having a tough time already.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Well, that sucks. Even with track insurance the deductibles can be very high ( 10% of the policy limit). Be careful out there!

Sponsored

Narwaniec594

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
17 Gt350
And gingerman its consider as a safer ans very open track. Between 4-5? Hmm there is no tire wall there really unless he slid all the way through main straight and hit the main wall.
Thats sucks really. Hope kid is ok

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
And gingerman its consider as a safer ans very open track. Between 4-5? Hmm there is no tire wall there really unless he slid all the way through main straight and hit the main wall.
Thats sucks really. Hope kid is ok
1st incident was a vette into the wall at 11, he/she then drove around and left debris near the kink/4, the 350 swerved to avoid the debris and put a couple tires into the grass on the right, overcorrected, then crossed to the left and went off and hit the tires/flag station that is between 4 and 5.... super bad luck from what i could tell.

Narwaniec594

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
17 Gt350
Ohh nooo. Thats a bad luck hitting this flag station. Dont know how big the debris was, but sometimes its better to let go the gas slightly and hit debris than do sudden movement at 100 mph. But again at that speed things come at ou really fast

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
that’s no good! I didn’t realize track events were still happening in Michigan. I did some October ones last year with starting temps in the 30s and on cup 2 it’s like driving in the rain for the first 2-3 laps until tire temps warm substantially. I personally find gingerman to be a slippery track (and my least favorite) compared to grattan/M1/Waterford/pitt as that is the only track I am perpetually fighting the rear sliding out, especially the off camber downward sloping last turn before the first straight, hard to get a clean exit. I really don’t get it, been there 5 or 6 times and never felt like I have grip there on at least 2 or 3 parts of the track.

jmn444 we need to meet up sometime next year at a track day — it’s likely we already have just never chatted.
Sponsored