Sponsored

Backup Camera Fail. Who had the Camera replaced under the Recall?

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
HI Everyone,

So I have been experiencing backup camera issues for over three years now. Finally Ford is able to fix this issue. I checked the wiring harness last year to fix it myself and did not find any torn wires, it was all intact, camera still experiences issues occasionally. Additionally, I moved the wiring harness position so it has more slack. Also, I don't open my truck very often maybe that's why my wires weren't torn.

I have noticied a lot of people with this camera issue had the wiring repaired before this whole recall become avaialble. However has anyone gotten this recall performed and it turns out the camera was bad? Because that's the case in my situation and I'm just not sure if I should tell the dealer when I go in for the reacall that I diagnosed the wiring myself and it's all good, or just let it be and for them to waste time looking at the harness first?

You can probably tell I do not enjoy going to dealership especailly for service on my vehicle, I'd rather do it myself as you never know how they are going to treat your vehicle based on past experiences, but I'm not paying for a camera that Ford cheaped out on, so I want to be in and out as fast as possible from the stealership.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I would mention it, but in reality the dealership has their own diagnosis process they follow.

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I'm scheduled to have mine fixed next week... It works fine now. I'm hoping it will still work fine after the repair. Here's hoping.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
HI Everyone,

So I have been experiencing backup camera issues for over three years now. Finally Ford is able to fix this issue. I checked the wiring harness last year to fix it myself and did not find any torn wires, it was all intact, camera still experiences issues occasionally. Additionally, I moved the wiring harness position so it has more slack. Also, I don't open my truck very often maybe that's why my wires weren't torn.

I have noticied a lot of people with this camera issue had the wiring repaired before this whole recall become avaialble. However has anyone gotten this recall performed and it turns out the camera was bad? Because that's the case in my situation and I'm just not sure if I should tell the dealer when I go in for the reacall that I diagnosed the wiring myself and it's all good, or just let it be and for them to waste time looking at the harness first?

You can probably tell I do not enjoy going to dealership especailly for service on my vehicle, I'd rather do it myself as you never know how they are going to treat your vehicle based on past experiences, but I'm not paying for a camera that Ford cheaped out on, so I want to be in and out as fast as possible from the stealership.
I see you have a 15 , depending on the production date of the camera it will be replaced . The last time checked the harness is still back-ordered.

OP
OP

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
Hopefully that's the case and the problem is fixed. I got to the dealer tomorrow for the diagnosis.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I repaired mine a couple years ago (the harness), and the issue is popping back up again. I reached out to Ford customer service via chat the other day, and they told me that I needed to call the dealership. I'm just going to wait until my Bronco gets delivered, then I can go for whatever time without my Mustang.

This process sucks.

Edit: I called my local dealership this morning and was told that, while they CAN do the work, and they CAN get the parts, they're not accepting any appointments for the next two weeks, due to backlogs. I wish Ford would just make the new harness commercially available so that I can install it myself.

JR

Last edited:

ToddUGA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I don't enjoy it either. Went in Friday for the brake stopper recall and while I was there they said "we're going to take a look at the rear camera." When it was over I was told that I needed a new camera (even though mine works) but they are backordered and it may be a while. Soon as I start home the hill assist not available light kicks on and my brakes no longer disengage the cruise. Now I have to take time off work Monday to go back and see what they screwed up.
Sponsored