Sponsored

B&O Rear Speaker Hiss (Loud!) When Engine On - 2021 GT

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I have a new 2021 GT Premium with B&O system. When the engine is on, there is a loud hiss from the rear. (At first, I thought I was hearing fuel or a pump.) There is also not much volume from the rear speakers. It's under warranty, and I'm going back to the dealership Thursday, but it's a dealership.

If anyone has any ideas that save me from the vagaries of leaving it all to the dealer (missing ground or whatever,) I sure would appreciate hearing them. Thanks!
Sponsored

Alin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang EcoBoost HPP
I heard something similar too, but in my case it was the seat ventilation (I think - it went away when I stopped seat cooling)

OP
OP
Rael

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Thanks for the suggestions, but it wasn't the cooled seats. (I've had cooled seats since Ford began putting them in Mustangs.)

My hissing went on as soon as the engine started. Didn't matter if the cooling system was on or off. Didn't matter if the audio system was on or off. And, there was very little volume from the rear.

So the intake person at the dealer heard the hissing. They took it in for service. The service manager tested and scanned the system. Couldn't find anything wrong.

He brought the car out to me, and said he couldn't hear the hiss. I got in the car with him: the hiss is gone; there is volume from the rear. Maybe there was a loose connection ... anyway, it sounds great now, and I still have a warranty.
Sponsored