Axle Back pipe problem

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
Got a Roush Axle-back for a v8 Mustang shipped to my home today. However, I noticed that since it was shipped all the way from the US to Hong Kong, the box looked kinda beat up. When I opened it, everything looked good. Except that the left side muffler axle pipe (where the clamp is supposed to be tightened over) that connects to the stock intermediate pipe was probably bent such that the hole was slightly oval instead of round. So now the intermediate pipe will not fit inside the muffler axle pipe.

How do we fix this problem? Can I just hammer it from the inside out to make the hole round again?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Raven15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28 Camaro
Got a Roush Axle-back for a v8 Mustang shipped to my home today. However, I noticed that since it was shipped all the way from the US to Hong Kong, the box looked kinda beat up. When I opened it, everything looked good. Except that the left side muffler axle pipe (where the clamp is supposed to be tightened over) that connects to the stock intermediate pipe was probably bent such that the hole was slightly oval instead of round. So now the intermediate pipe will not fit inside the muffler axle pipe.

How do we fix this problem? Can I just hammer it from outside in to make the hole round again?
Yes. Slight deformation is easy to repair with a properly used hammer. If severe, you may need to heat it but most likely not since you said it was only 'slightly' oval.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
Any shop should have a pipe expander that fits inside and is tightened to straighten or expand exhaust pipe. They dont cost much but I dont know about in the Phillipines.

StangIt #1