Sponsored

Awesome Vendor Alert: ApexRaceParts (and First impressions of their product)

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey all,

Just felt the need to give credit where credit is due to Cory from @ApexRaceParts. I wont go into the details because they are long but just know that Cory from Apex wheels was the most professional, helpful, respectful and detail-oriented representative one could hope to deal with. Honestly, from experience, I have very low expectations when it comes to 'service after the sale' so I was pleasantly surprised when Cory was as helpful as he turned out to be. All you need to know is that this company stands by their offerings and ensures that their customer base gets a satisfactory product.

In all my praise for Cory and his company I almost forgot to mention how fantastic their wheels are! To say that these wheels have transformed the car would be an understatement. I've performed extensive weight loss measures on my GT but these wheels are far and beyond the most impactful and noticeable.

After getting the new 18x9.5 EC-7 wheels mounted onto new tires, I weighed each complete unit and compared them to the stock Performance Pack wheel and tire combo. The results are as follows:

- Rear (wheel/tire/tpms/and center cap): 49.1575 lbs. That's a net loss of 15.1425 lbs. per side so that's 30.285 lbs. off of the rear axle alone!
- Front (wheel/tire/tpms/ and center cap): 47.1375 lbs. That's a net loss of 13.4625 lbs. per side so that's 26.925 lbs. off of the front axle!

And if you're curious as to how accurate these weights are, they are completely accurate since they were weighed on $5000 weights and measures calibrated scales (which I calibrated myself). So these claims are verified.

For those looking for the biggest bang for the buck performance enhancement, don't hesitate to get yourself a set of these wheels; the gains are tangible. Instead of the tires crashing over road imperfection, thus upsetting vehicle control, these wheels, by virtue of their light-weight, simply soak up everything without any drama. I swear, it feels like I have an entirely new suspension setup even though my suspension is completely stock. There is so much more composure and control.

Oh, and as an added benefit, you know that simultaneous quiver, shutter, shimmy, circular bob that occurs when you hit highway expansion joints, railroad tracks, or any other road imperfections? Guess what? IT'S GONE! For the longest time I was buying into the consensus that the GT's suspension is underdamped and the spring rates too soft but after this change I'm realizing that instead they were overburdened by excessive weight. I'm not saying that the suspension is perfect; far from it. But many of it's shortcomings can be mitigated by cutting away approx. 30lbs. rear/27 lbs. front from the axles.

And how'd I forget about the wheel hop!? I'm not going to say it's completely gone but these wheels have made a HUGE difference. Wheel hop has been greatly reduced since the suspension has so much less weight to control.

Thanks again, Cory; great effin' product and service!
Sponsored

Last edited:

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Apex wheels are not quite as known as some bigger name companies but they make solid wheels. Great company with great products. I have a set of their wheels on my m4 with Hoosier slicks and they look killer!!
DBBCD863-0742-44CE-863A-0FB04276F016.jpeg

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Cory is the best and the wheels are great. Just got my second set of 18x11 squared.
Great price awesome quality.
IMG_20191225_185153_990.jpg
Sponsored