Sponsored

Awesome GT350R Video! An owners impressions...

RenegadeUnlimited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Euros and Fords
Hey came across this video from a channel I subscribe to on Youtube.

I have yet to see a video that has this type of information. Really well put together. I happen to know this guy (Don't let his age turn you off)...met him at a track event, and this guy is super humble and can definitely drive well to boot. I think I recall him mentioning that he races Spec Miata's Professionally.

[ame]
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Seems like a nice kid. Must have great parents.

He's now realizing what the rest of us fell upon almost two years ago now.

GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 GT500
Has anyone else had problems with changing their cup 2's? Do any of you use these auto tire changers?

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
fun to watch and learn from.

CVCashmere

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
The wheel gripe is definitely valid. When I picked up my MY16R, the dealer told me not to bring them (tires/wheels) back. Just after delivery of my MY17R, I had a TPMS problem and asked if they (same local dealer), can they now handle the wheels? Sure, no problem. Waited over an hour for them to tell me they are taking the wheel to the nearby Mercedes dealership. They handled it no problem. I guess Benz gets a bigger budget. Found out shortly thereafter from my sales guy, this incident prompted this large dealership (AutoNation, who have been great to me) to get the funding to now get the right equipment. I knew from the outset that would be a problem, so I bought 2 sets of 6G wheels. I will put the CF in storage. Very cool tech, but just too much trouble. :headbonk::ford:

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
dead video link. I'll try again later

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Good review

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Has anyone else had problems with changing their cup 2's? Do any of you use these auto tire changers?
The wheel gripe is definitely valid. When I picked up my MY16R, the dealer told me not to bring them (tires/wheels) back. Just after delivery of my MY17R, I had a TPMS problem and asked if they (same local dealer), can they now handle the wheels? Sure, no problem. Waited over an hour for them to tell me they are taking the wheel to the nearby Mercedes dealership. They handled it no problem. I guess Benz gets a bigger budget. Found out shortly thereafter from my sales guy, this incident prompted this large dealership (AutoNation, who have been great to me) to get the funding to now get the right equipment. I knew from the outset that would be a problem, so I bought 2 sets of 6G wheels. I will put the CF in storage. Very cool tech, but just too much trouble. :headbonk::ford:

They are no different than changing any other wheel tire combo... a result of incompetent shops with techs that are not confident in what they do.
Sponsored