Bloodham25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R.J
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2022 PP
Hey yall,

I'm looking to get my brake calipers painted to match the color of my car (Grabber Blue Metallic), however I have no idea how much a place would charge (CDN. Toronto area) and the quote I got seems...Pretty steep?

I don't trust myself in removing the calipers, nor do I have a place to even do the work. So I got a quote from a pretty reputable paint shop near me for the cost of the work of removing the caliper, disassembling and powder coating and was quoted $2500 CDN...Which seems...Yea...like a lot?

What is the average cost of getting this work done?
Sponsored

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Idk if you have Brembos or not but there are companies that sell them prepainted online for much less and then you can sell your stock brakes? eBay usually has people that sell painted calipers-

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Idk if you have Brembos or not but there are companies that sell them prepainted online for much less and then you can sell your stock brakes? eBay usually has people that sell painted calipers-
What he said.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
That seems crazy high but then again I've never paid for powder coating nor do I live in Canada. I know you said you didn't want to do it yourself but this is quite easy to do if you have a garage, jack stands and some basic tools. I did mine myself with the G2 paint system. I pulled my front calipers off the rotor and hung them without disconnecting the brake line. You can even get custom paint made to match your vehicle.

Link below in case you change your mind. I did it over a 3 day weekend, I spent a day cleaning, not the whole day, I think I cleaned them 4 separate times during the day. Next day I painted and day 3 put it all back together.

Quite happy with the results.
Mustang x1.jpg

https://g2usa.com/products/g2-custom-color-match-brake-caliper-paint

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
I paid $225 for mine at a local body shop and mine are grabber blue as well. Mine are painted though and cleared over. He didn't take them off the car, he taped them out and shot them.
tempImagexJ7WV5.jpg

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
High temp paint (G2 is usually the go to) is way more cost effective. They have some special Mustang edition colors too although some of the good ones are sold out. They have done grabber blue as a custom color so that’s available to buy from them as well. It’s a DIY kit but pretty easy, just have to make sure you get the calipers super clean and tape everything off properly. Car would be up on stands for 24 hours afterwards while the paint cures though.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've used G2 in the past and never had an issue. I currently have a box of White waiting to be put on. I couldn't imagine paying over $2k to paint calipers... lol.

OP
OP
Bloodham25

Bloodham25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R.J
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2022 PP
I've used G2 in the past and never had an issue. I currently have a box of White waiting to be put on. I couldn't imagine paying over $2k to paint calipers... lol.
Anything else needed with G2? Any sort of clear coat or primer to be put on before/afterwards?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anything else needed with G2? Any sort of clear coat or primer to be put on before/afterwards?
No, just make sure you clean them really good before hand. I have never used any clear coat, but I am sure you could if you wanted too. I have used Orange and Purple in the past, I thought both looked great after without any clear coat.

Sponsored

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Go to harbor freight: 4 daytona jackstands + pittsburgh jack = $250, add the G2 paint kit for like $60

joshnc101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Another vote for the G2 paint kit since mine turned out pretty good. It's a high gloss, epoxy based paint, it also self levels somewhat as it dries and cures over 24 hours. It has to be applied in at least 4-5 coats to look good, and it's better to get some good brushes from a hobby store than what G2 provides. I didn't even remove my calipers to paint them but did at the very least removed the pads and hardware. Put a bag over the rotor and masking tape around where the caliper is so you're not getting paint on the rotors. The G2 paint kit costed me $130 for the body color match. Might’ve gone up a little bit in price now as everything has.

55DF3D88-46D1-46FD-A55E-82DD202F8803.jpeg

4333336A-C635-4097-88DD-C3F90F6886F9.jpeg

2EF897CF-3CFB-48C4-9614-29B21940AFB3.jpeg

Last edited:

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
i bought the paint pulled the 4 wheels and painted them while on the car
cleaned them all first of course
i ought wayyyyyy too much paint thinking it would need a fair bit
it went on smooth {seems to flatten ut by itself??}
mask them p take your time i did one wheel then swapped to other side did that then went back and gave 1st one another coat and do same on other side

by the way im 80yrs old

ps i think the paint was 500ml and i have enough left to do another 3 dozen cars lol
it cost about au$90.00 from memory

1680751082027.png

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
SORRY JOSHNC I DIDNT READ YOUR REPLY I BASICALLY SAID SAME