Average Age Of Owners.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
According to Top Speed, the average muscle car buyer is over 50 and they present plausible logic to support this conclusion: https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-n...ang-and-camaro/#the-irony-of-ironies-or-is-it.

I'm pushing 80, so I certainly support that conclusion.
I was done when the insinuation was we purchase as status or to look cool.
I called it quits here:
"Younger buyers, or millennials, just arenā€™t as interested in big, loud, noisy V-8 engines as the generation before was."

I'm 35.

Average age of >50 makes sense if student loan is rolling into your 30's and home mortgage through your 40's.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
66 in two weeks.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Completely agree. The idea we can get so much performance for I consider a reasonable amount and a warranty is pretty amazing. I remember very well tweaking stuff and stuff gettā€™n a little lean and the expensive iron anchor that created. Thereā€™s hope with the younger generation. Iā€™ve had quite a few conversations with delivery guys about car when they were droppā€™n stuff at my house and they saw the cars. I was pretty surprised honestly.

That part had me laughing. I think us old guys had plenty of rides that were cool and we were young. Now, for me anyway, a warranty is well worth the price of admission. And unless kids get involved in more than video games the muscle car will be only a memory.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Johnny Rockit

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
66. I have always had sporty or sports cars, but my Mustang is my first Mustang and first V-8. I got in enough trouble on < 100 hp when young, I'm not sure 18-year-old me would have survived a 435 hp car.
Ain't that the truth.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-n...ang-and-camaro/#the-irony-of-ironies-or-is-it
"In any segment, whether itā€™s SUVs, sedans, pickups, sports cars, or hybrids and EVs, the 24-and-under group accounted for less than one percent of all car buyers."

For better or worse, they don't make it easy for that age group to buy without mommy and daddy.

I bought my first sports car at 24. $40K in 2012. It was an awful experience.

The car was well within my means, but I couldn't get my bank to finance unless my father cosigned. I didn't realize how against the purchase he was until he said, "This makes me responsible if it kills you." while we were signing the papers.

I hated hearing that. I pulled the car and truck off the family insurance policy and swapped the registrations to house I was renting. That significantly raised my rates and taxes on both vehicles.

Sponsored

jpalmerino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus, 2017 AG GT350
ā€œā€¦.Younger buyers, or millennials, just arenā€™t as interested in big, loud, noisy V-8 engines as the generation before wasā€

Hard not to agree with this and the lack of influence on todays generation. Iā€™m 27 but grew up around cars. My grandfather (Moms side) was a trucker who used to take me on rides, always helped me build my soap box cars, and any time not spent with him was with my Mom looking at Mustangs across various shows.

My first poster car as a kid was a ā€˜67 GT350 and I never thought twice about what my first Mustang would be. I was lucky enough to get in my GT350 during the middle of COVID at a ridiculous discount but my Mom has never joyed in the same due to kids (sorry Mom). Hoping to return the favor for her 60th birthday coming up, she always wanted an ā€˜08 GT.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
35 (36 next week!).

I think things are different in the UK though. You could count on your hands how many teens in the UK drive a Mustang (S550). I bet there are not many folks in their 20's with one either. They all want the German BMW's/Audis šŸ˜“

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback
48. Just bought my second Mustang; was 36 when I bought my first.
Sponsored