Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smcevents.com
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'84 GT350, '95GT, '07 Shelby GT, 15 EB
Nice pictures! That is my son Andrew in the passenger seat of the '66 GT350.

This car was a very last second replacement for the white with blue stripe gt350 that got damaged. This car rolled off the assembly line and 30 minutes later was on the truck headed for Texas.
Props to Ford for not just backing out and not sending a car at all.
Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Damn it, my wife will kill me if I buy this car. If I get it, I'll just loose it again with the divorce settlement.

Very nice pictures indeed.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Damn it, my wife will kill me if I buy this car. If I get it, I'll just loose it again with the divorce settlement.

Very nice pictures indeed.
Not going to be a problem....Just give her the kids and the dog. Keep the car and the hot NANNY. That's the way I would play it. Just saying....

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Thanks for all the reporting on this event. I'm about as big a Ford fan as you can find but sometimes I really worry about some of these guys at Ford. How could they bring the ugliest GT350 they could possibly put together for this event. The 50 year old GT350 looks 100 times better than that grey blob. They could have at least thrown some stripes on it. What are you guys at Ford thinking?

:headbonk::ford:
Hey Bro ! Okay I get you do not like the car color, and to each his own, but think about this... I love it, and you calling it ugly is offensive. Its your opinion. If you love guard green and I said ..oh what was Ford thinking they brought the ugliest color.....etc... you might not give a crap what I think but you certainly do not want to read it. So if you like a color I'm going to say fine..it may not be for me, but out of common respect for us that like or love it..tone it down please.

imag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Datsun Roadster
Am I the only one bothered by how little of the front end vent area is actually needed for cooling? Cars today have enormous grills, half of which are fake. It just seems kind of lame.

Don't get me wrong. I think the GT350 looks great overall. But some part of me still wishes they had gone for the Evos concept, which was smaller and had a front end designed around the actual cooling needs of a modern car.

Sponsored

Big reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX50S
Am I the only one bothered by how little of the front end vent area is actually needed for cooling? Cars today have enormous grills, half of which are fake. It just seems kind of lame.

Don't get me wrong. I think the GT350 looks great overall. But some part of me still wishes they had gone for the Evos concept, which was smaller and had a front end designed around the actual cooling needs of a modern car.
I noticed the same thing but Lethal performance will have a grill delete kit guaranteed making it similar to the 13-14 GT500. They already have the upper and lower kits for the 15's. It looks 100x better too.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...ormance-2015-mustang-grille-delete-combo.html

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Thanks for all the reporting on this event. I'm about as big a Ford fan as you can find but sometimes I really worry about some of these guys at Ford. How could they bring the ugliest GT350 they could possibly put together for this event. The 50 year old GT350 looks 100 times better than that grey blob. They could have at least thrown some stripes on it. What are you guys at Ford thinking?

:headbonk::ford:
How can you say the falcon / mustang looks better than the new GT 350 ? Sure ford would have had a white with blue stripes car @ the event. But shit Happens.
I think the new body doesn't need those stripes anymore. Make it an option .
This was before I had a three car garage:lol::lol:
Yes you get in the GT 500 first then move it and so on and so forth .
I can't wait to get back in the 2016 GT 350 again.
image.jpg

Last edited:

NicksM3

Trak Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
E92 M3 Competition
i wouldnt worry about the front end grill opening. These guys know what they are doing when it comes to fabrication and the reason they made it the way it is.
The reason the GT500 opening was greater was well for more Air because of the Blower. This motor will not run as hot as a FI car.

NicksM3

Trak Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
E92 M3 Competition
How can you say the falcon / mustang looks better than the new GT 350 ? Sure ford would have had a white with blue stripes car @ the event. But shit Happens.
I think the new body doesn't need those stripes anymore. Make it an option .
This was before I had a three car garage:lol::lol:
Yes you get in the GT 500 first then move it and so on and so forth .
I can't wait to get back in the 2016 GT 350 again.
Kick ass pic man!
I agree...they new 350 doesnt need the stripes. The body lines are gorgeous and i feel the stripe is a bit much....but thats me.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Three car garage didn't help so I got rid of the camaro pos. That was a new Z/28 with 275 hp . The mustang GT put out 205hp ..boy have times changed.
Ok sorry back to the GT 350 and how lucky we are today.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 LS
i wouldnt worry about the front end grill opening. These guys know what they are doing when it comes to fabrication and the reason they made it the way it is.
The reason the GT500 opening was greater was well for more Air because of the Blower. This motor will not run as hot as a FI car.
I hope you're right. As the owner of a black 12 BOSS LS, I know they don't always get it right. Most owners have replaced the original grill because it was too restrictive and would cause the temps to rise to uncomfortable levels on the track.

NicksM3

Trak Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
E92 M3 Competition
I hope you're right. As the owner of a black 12 BOSS LS, I know they don't always get it right. Most owners have replaced the original grill because it was too restrictive and would cause the temps to rise to uncomfortable levels on the track.
I know i am right, times have changes and technology has advanced. But If temperatures arise from not enough cooling then simple steps must be taken if its a track car:
1) larger Oil Cooler than oem
2) Lower Temp Thermostat.

:headbang:

imag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Datsun Roadster
Hood vent or front grill opening/inlet?
Front grills and inlets. If you look at those details, very little of the inlets/grills are actually needed for cooling.

It's an issue for modern cars in general. They are more efficient than 70's cars, so they need less cooling, but the public likes the power implied by a big grill, so they put a whole bunch of fake grill on the front of the car.

imag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Datsun Roadster
I noticed the same thing but Lethal performance will have a grill delete kit guaranteed making it similar to the 13-14 GT500. They already have the upper and lower kits for the 15's. It looks 100x better too.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...ormance-2015-mustang-grille-delete-combo.html
My issue there is that the current grill insert may be part of the carbon fiber bracing they are talking about in the articles. Removing it may mean reducing stiffness.

Also, if the grill is designed a certain way, it might actually reduce airflow to remove the wind blocking surround. It could also increase lift on the nose.

NicksM3

Trak Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
E92 M3 Competition
My issue there is that the current grill insert may be part of the carbon fiber bracing they are talking about in the articles. Removing it may mean reducing stiffness.

Also, if the grill is designed a certain way, it might actually reduce airflow to remove the wind blocking surround. It could also increase lift on the nose.
Bingo :thumbsup:
Sponsored