Sponsored

Aux line in not working

mustang6t9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Fastback, 2015 Mustang V6 coupe
I have a 2015 Mustang with the base SYNC 2 setup. When I first got the car I was able to use the aux line in located in the center console. Now when I use the media button to scroll to the aux input it no longer shows up. The only thing I can think of is I have updated the SYNC software from the Ford website. Has anyone else updated their software and had the same problem? Thanks.
Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have a 2015 Mustang with the base SYNC 2 setup. When I first got the car I was able to use the aux line in located in the center console. Now when I use the media button to scroll to the aux input it no longer shows up. The only thing I can think of is I have updated the SYNC software from the Ford website. Has anyone else updated their software and had the same problem? Thanks.
Hey mustang6t9,

Try performing a master reset: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...erform-a-master-reset.html?sync=my-ford-touch

Cara

OP
OP

mustang6t9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Fastback, 2015 Mustang V6 coupe
Hi Cara, yes I did a master reset. Took it to the dealer last week. They thought it was a bad APIM module. Replaced it yesterday. Still same problem. My thought is that as I understand the 2016 models do not have the aux line in feature and that the new software does not recognize that this is a 2015 model.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi Cara, yes I did a master reset. Took it to the dealer last week. They thought it was a bad APIM module. Replaced it yesterday. Still same problem. My thought is that as I understand the 2016 models do not have the aux line in feature and that the new software does not recognize that this is a 2015 model.
The update shouldn't affect that feature disappearing. If the master reset and new APIM didn't resolve the issue, have the dealer reach out to their tech hotline for further troubleshooting.

Cara
Sponsored