Sponsored

AutoNation Extended Warranty vs. Ford Protect extended warranty.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Looking at the AutoNation 10 years / 100k miles extended warranty. I am buying for an AutoNation store but I live no where near one... so I will have the car serviced at another dealership group.

The question, anyone here have any experience with the AutoNation extended warranty? I am told it is honored at all other Ford dealerships but will have to pay a $100 deductible.

The plus is that AutoNation is offering a warranty with a 10 year term, compared to 8 years with the longest FordProtect extended warranty.

are those 2 years and extra milage with the extra $1200?

Thank you in advance for your comments.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I’m not sure where the double is, unless it’s 10 years from the point after the factory warranty ends.
Ford warranty goes 8 year and you can pick the miles for it.
also a plus with the Ford you can mess with deductibles and Go 0-100 or even higher maybe.
for the price of the Ford plan I didn’t see anything as even worth looking at. Go to “flood Ford esp” I got one for my raptor 8 year 100k miles 50 dollar deductible and it was about 15-1600 I wanna say. Not sure on the price of the one your looking at but unless it’s like 500 bucks I would go factory warranty for the piece of mind.
already had a sunroof and mirror replaced under the esp and those two things paid for the warranty back.

OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
I’m not sure where the double is, unless it’s 10 years from the point after the factory warranty ends.
Ford warranty goes 8 year and you can pick the miles for it.
also a plus with the Ford you can mess with deductibles and Go 0-100 or even higher maybe.
for the price of the Ford plan I didn’t see anything as even worth looking at. Go to “flood Ford esp” I got one for my raptor 8 year 100k miles 50 dollar deductible and it was about 15-1600 I wanna say. Not sure on the price of the one your looking at but unless it’s like 500 bucks I would go factory warranty for the piece of mind.
already had a sunroof and mirror replaced under the esp and those two things paid for the warranty back.
it's $3400 for 10 years/100,000 miles vs. 8 years/36,000 for $1500

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Why is it only 36k miles?

And now half my post makes zero sense since you edited a majority of yours lol.

OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Why is it only 36k miles?

And now half my post makes zero sense since you edited a majority of yours lol.
yeah, sorry about that... I went back and double check the numbers to update the post when I answered yours.

so when I quote on the Answerson Kooch website the your options for the 8 year ESP are 36k, 48k, and so on.

honestly I only plan on about 5000 miles a year so I'm looking for for years than miles.

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Looks like you answered your own question then. The 10 years is what’s most important.
I have zero experience with that warranty so not sure if it’s amazing or junk. I know fords esp is definitely great though.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
My mom bought a Corolla from Autonation and since I wasnt there for the sale they sold her their warranty. Car was recently there for repairs and while they did covered the repairs it took 2 extra days for approval. If I was you, I would just get the Ford extended warranty with zero deductible.

Last edited:
OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Looks like you answered your own question then. The 10 years is what’s most important.
I have zero experience with that warranty so not sure if it’s amazing or junk. I know fords esp is definitely great though.
yeah, I want the 10 years... but are those two extra years worth it?
Ford 8 year/36k: $1500
Ford 8 year/48k: $2200
AutoNation 10 year / 100k: $3400

I plan on driving it about 5000 miles a year... so the $1500 plan leave me a bit short as it only covers 36,000 miles and I will reach that milestone early in year 7.

So I'm leaning towards the Ford 8 year/48k for $2200.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
yeah, I want the 10 years... but are those two extra years worth it?
Ford 8 year/36k: $1500
Ford 8 year/48k: $2200
AutoNation 10 year / 100k: $3400

I plan on driving it about 5000 miles a year... so the $1500 plan leave me a bit short as it only covers 36,000 miles and I will reach that milestone early in year 7.

So I'm leaning towards the Ford 8 year/48k for $2200.
Are you getting these prices from flood Ford? They seem too high honestly. Is this for a gt350R?

edit: just looked up gt350/r prices and they are more than my truck. I guess they anticipate replacing an engine at some point hahaha.

OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Are you getting these prices from flood Ford? They seem too high honestly. Is this for a gt350R?

edit: just looked up gt350/r prices and they are more than my truck. I guess they anticipate replacing an engine at some point hahaha.
Flood was about $100 more... these are from Anderson Kooch (?)
vehicle is a GT350R

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
My daughters focus has the autonation extended warranty. We bought it when we bought the car new, didn't know we were buying an aftermarket extended warranty. As said before, you have to jump thru extra hoops if you need to use it, and if you take it to a non autonation dealer, you have to pay the 100 deductible. The ford warranty allows you to take it to any ford or lincoln dealer anywhere in the country. Just save yourself the aggravation and get the real ford warranty.

BTW, now that we know about a ford dealer selling non ford warranties, when ever we get a new one, we make sure it has the real ford extended warranty.

Also, a few months ago when we got my wifes new Edge ST, they tried to slip thru an autonation warranty, I refused it. Told them to make it a real ford warranty or we would buy elsewhere. They asked why and I told them their service dept sucks and I wouldn't trust them to change the oil in my lawnmower, and I also told them that after purchase they would never see the car again, that it would be going elsewhere for all services and repairs.

Last edited:

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 PP1 301A A10
We had the Autonation warranty on our Lincoln MKS 3.5 Ecoboost. They bought a new motor for it at the tune of 14k. We were really nervous but once the dealer got ahold of them and finally got it approved, everything went smoothly. I would still probably go with the Ford warranty though. It took 3 months but I had A new explorer to drive the entire time. Its sounds bad because of its need for a new engine but that was a fine car. And quite fast I will say.

586090A5-D2E1-494F-BCB9-623D8F79FBCD.jpeg

FECF80E1-5719-4BD5-B6A5-4A0FD5C621A5.jpeg

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
it's $3400 for 10 years/100,000 miles vs. 8 years/36,000 for $1500
Double check the 8/36K, the 35K miles doesn't sound right.

Then take a looooong hard look at what is actually covered.

Ford's ESP has different levels of protection, at different costs.

OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Double check the 8/36K, the 35K miles doesn't sound right.

Then take a looooong hard look at what is actually covered.

Ford's ESP has different levels of protection, at different costs.
36k miles is correct. So basically you are buying extra time (5 years), not milage versus the standard 3 year / 36k mile warranty.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Keep in mind you're talking about a SERVICE CONTRACT, not 'extended warranty'. So don't assume they'd cover what the warranty does; they DO NOT. So the most important step when considering those, and comparing prices with others, is to see what they don't cover. The best such policies are the exclusionary ones, since as the name implies, they tell you what is not covered, and everything else is. Most of them, including Ford's ESP, tell you what's covered, so you have to be more careful with those, and make sure what you most want is included. Also remember even the best Ford ESP plan has options, like lighting package, etc., so if you don't get it, all lighted parts would be excluded, including headlights and taillights, which can be quite expensive.

As a final thought, I've never bought any such thing so far. But if I did, I'd only consider manufacturer backed plans, like Ford's ESP.
Sponsored