Sponsored

Automatic Shift Feels Harsh

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I just got my 2016 GT automatic. I notice at light throttle, the transmission shifts pretty smoothly. At mid throttle, the transmission shifts gear almost like a manual. There is a small gap between one gear to the next. I have not tried full throttle because its still breaking in but definitely something different from what I've experienced.
I am just wondering if other automatic owners are experiencing something or there is something wrong with my gearbox.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Put it in sport mode and then try. Shifts hard that way.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
No their isn't anything wrong with your car. The car shifts differently depending on the driver mode. Try adding a tune and turning up the shift pressure for a really hard shift.:D

OP
OP
jasonstang

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
No their isn't anything wrong with your car. The car shifts differently depending on the driver mode. Try adding a tune and turning up the shift pressure for a really hard shift.:D
I don't want a hard shift. I want a smooth gapless shift.
I just find it weird that in drive, mid throttle around 2000-3000 rpm there is so big of a gap between each gear. Maybe it's just break-in period when things are still too tight.
I have tried S mode and I don't notice this gap. Maybe it's the whole gas saving thing that they are engaging and disengaging the TCC before applying throttle.

nolezack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM Performance Pack
I've noticed this with my 2015 EBM as well. 1st>2nd>3rd can have a gap or lag in between shifts especially in city driving when you are under light acceleration/braking constantly. I assume this is normal on the automatics and was done on purpose by Ford.

OP
OP
jasonstang

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
The car has over 1000 miles and occupationally I still get the harsh 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. It does not happen at lower rpm and higher rpm but only at between 2-3000rpm.
Sponsored