Sponsored

Autocar just reviewed the Euro Mustang (V8 + EB)

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
V8

A rather tasty Yellow V8 Fastback, to boot.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/first-drives/2015-ford-mustang-fastback-50-v8-review

They find the the clutch positive, the gear-shift slick and notch free, and the V8 Coyote smooth. Interior quality is a let-down, given the Mustang costs the same as BMWs in the EU.

Ford engineers have tweaked EU models to be a sharper steer with adjustments to the rack and front suspension, being more direct and giving the 1.7t car a more nimble feel. It also has a better cooling system (which we knew from lack of Bonnet vents).

Overall, they love it. 4/5. Same score they gave the 2010 Camaro (which they also loved).

There have always been compelling reasons for those who have fancied one. This time the case is more appealing than ever. The Mustang is a piece of officially warranted, correct-hand-drive muscle coupé, and while it isn’t without some compromises, few cars have all of its charms. Fewer still do so without asking for considerably more than £32,995.
EB Vert

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/first-drives/2015-ford-mustang-convertible-23-ecoboost-review

The vert they are less than happy with. They think the EB is a good engine, but its no V8 and sounds a bit poor. WIth the lack of roof on such a long car, torsional rigidity has also taken a hit - there are also no wind deflectors, so motorway drives could become a bit of a mess. They weren't a fan of this one, and is merely average. 3/5.

The compromises with the roof and engine leave the Mustang convertible in a slightly odd place - at least with this engine. It’s no better to drive than plenty of other convertibles at its £33,000, arguably no better looking, quite large on the outside compared to its size on the inside, and is a wide car to thread around.

You’d have to really, really want your four-cylinder convertible to be a Mustang to choose one. But it can also be had with the V8 (£37,005), which I suspect would pitch some of that allure back into it. There’s something to be said for some open-top V8 woofle. Certainly, what comes through the speakers can’t match it.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
:anorakmodeon:

That's a Tiriple Yellow Ecoboost fastback and a Magnetic V8 'vert :p

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Well that puts the euro weight specs speculations to rest! It is 3790 lbs. The Pill should see this lol!

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray

It looks like they have the pictures and reviews mixed in the article. They are writing about an EB Vert with pictures of a GT Vert. And the same on the GT review with EB pictures.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

So it is! I didn't really look at the photos. Maybe their camera guy was having an off day :p

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I panicked for a minute and thought on top of the crappy clear rear lights and lack of LED gills up front, they were dropping the "fanged" grille from GT :paddle:

That's when I realised it was an Ecoboost :headbonk:

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack

Exactly, but I'd love to see a review on the EB coupe.
for myself, I don't mind that the EB sounds different than the GT.
I don't buy a car for the sound of the engine.
The EB is fine for me.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Exactly, but I'd love to see a review on the EB coupe.
for myself, I don't mind that the EB sounds different than the GT.
I don't buy a car for the sound of the engine.
The EB is fine for me.
Combining the two reviews I think the only comment they'd have is the fact the EB doesn't sound like a GT. They say the engine is still capable and the transmission feels similar (if not the same) as the GT. Sounds like a good deal to me. Sound alone is not worth doubling the retail price and upkeep to me.

I am kinda excited about the apparent changes they made to the steering rack.

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
The photos are the stock press photos from the Ford EU media site.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I believe the changes they are talking about were in relation to the pre-production models journos drove. There have been no steering changes that I heard of (or suspension tuning changes) between the 2015 GT-PP and the European version (except cosmetic). There is some mild ECU tuning changes (I believe output is slightly lowered on the Euro cars, but not sure if that SAE HP/difference in measurement and scales etc)

Not sure about the fake metal they are talking about. All the metal looking trim in the Mustang is real metal, it def feels like it and the chief engineer confirmed that (Pericak). The only one that is contentious is the metal strip on the passenger side dash - its real metal underneath with a synthetic design that is applied on it.

The review was OK. Sounds like they didnt get a chance to really drive the car properly.

Sponsored

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
confirmation the TRI-bars are fully off ! :paddle::frusty:

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Firs thing I noticed in the pics (other than being backwards) is it looks like the euro model's got tow hooks up front.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
confirmation the TRI-bars are fully off ! :paddle::frusty:
We already know from Ford, that the normal lights will shine on the tribars, so they will look like they are on.

I attached a pic of the EU stang from munich (credits to Robert Mmalk on Facebook), it looks alright to me:
11206046_10204490103067902_2143348956904149987_n.jpg

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Firs thing I noticed in the pics (other than being backwards) is it looks like the euro model's got tow hooks up front.
I think they're mandated here. Every car on the road, even comically old ones, have tow hooks.

We already know from Ford, that the normal lights will shine on the tribars, so they will look like they are on.

I attached a pic of the EU stang from munich (credits to Robert Mmalk on Facebook), it looks alright to me:
Yeah, they look alright to me. :)
Plus, it probably wouldn't take much to shove some LED strips from IKEA inside the lamp cluster and wire them up if you desperately wanted them.

I know I'll be replacing the standard (read: cheap) incandescent DRLs with LEDs bulbs ASAP.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
So the US DRL bulbs are still there but just deactivated.

Should have replaced them with bits of plastic. Cheaper if you have a smash.
Sponsored