Sponsored

Auto won't shift into 2nd gear sport mode?

JonnyS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My auto has never shifted into 2nd gear at wot, while in gear select sport mode. Paddles are not engaged. At part throttle it will. Is this normal?
Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Doesn't sound like it.

OP
OP

JonnyS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My car has never shifted right. Will bounce off the revlimiter sometimes before it shifts in drive. I tuned it and it fixed the shifting. But had the cats removed a couple of days ago and took it for a test drive. After a couple of miles it went into neutral on its own and now it won't get out of 1st gear. Retuning didn't help. Now its at the dealership. I think the electronics were fucked day one and the guy that welded the exhaust may have grounded badly. FML!

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
My car has never shifted right. Will bounce off the revlimiter sometimes before it shifts in drive. I tuned it and it fixed the shifting. But had the cats removed a couple of days ago and took it for a test drive. After a couple of miles it went into neutral on its own and now it won't get out of 1st gear. Retuning didn't help. Now its at the dealership. I think the electronics were fucked day one and the guy that welded the exhaust may have grounded badly. FML!
Yikes! Please tell all of us what the dealer said about your warranty.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
My auto has never shifted into 2nd gear at wot, while in gear select sport mode. Paddles are not engaged. At part throttle it will. Is this normal?
Is it skipping 2nd and going to 3rd?

If that's the case what is happening is that you are shifting at the same time the computer is trying to shift.

Putting the trans in "S" will still result in the car shifting automatically, until you hit a paddle.

So if you put the car in "S" do nothing else and then floor it and try to hit the 1-2 shift on your own often the car will be trying to upshift at the same time resulting in a 1-3 shift.

You need to use a paddle once after shifting into "S" before it's in full manual control mode. I haven't really tried but I'd guess that just trying to downshift even though you are in 1st as soon as the trans is in gear would be enough to signal for full manual.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JonnyS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sorry for the late response. I got the car back today and it is now finally shifting like its supposed to. Put it in sport and it will now shift on its own 1-2. They replaced the trans control module and solenoid. Been bad from the day I got it. The guys were really cool at the dealership and told me it sounded good lol. They didn't mention the cat removal or the lost time from retuning. Warranty covered it. I had talked to brenspeed about if they can see if you've tuned your car. They said the dealership next door to them in Texas told them all they can see is a battery interrupt code. So just lie and say you disconnected the battery to try and reset a problem. Thanks for the trouble shooting help guys!

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Test drove an auto yesterday that did the same thing. Started out in "S" and it shifted fine, (no paddles) felt really good in fact. Came to a stop and then accelerated again and the car rev-peaked like it wanted me to paddle shift it...WTF?
It also seemed to be searching for gears when driving in "D", not impressed at all.

OP
OP

JonnyS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My biggest complaint with the car is the transmission shifting and engine throttle response. Ford dropped the ball on tuning these cars. Great body style but chassis rocks around corners, under steer, wheel hops. My girlfriends KIA and dad's Honda pilot drive noticeably better. I think Chevy sticks with a combo longer and refines it...cheaply lol. Its a cool car for now but if I have any more problems I will be sadly buying a gay looking Honda.
Sponsored