Sponsored

Auto Trans Getting Hot 250F

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
So, I was running at Palmer yesterday with an ambient of about 80-85. The second session out and a few laps in, my car started to cut power, very drastically, where it was totally dead above approximately 3k rpm. Limp mode.

CHT was good, about 235, oil temp was about 220.

I have a Mishi radiator and oil cooler with the gauge reading the cold side of the sandwich plate.

I had the center display reading so CHT is on the top and AT temp is at the bottom.

AT temp was 250F when the power cut happened. Subsequent runs had the same thing happen at 250F. This is about 15 mins into a 20 minute run. This was the first time this happened on the track; I've been running this all year, though this was hottest ambient temp it has been.

Does anyone know if 250F is the point where it goes into limp mode? It sure seems like it is.

There was no warning message on the display and there was no code thrown.

Looks like it is time for a Mishi trans cooler.
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
250 is hot for the trans,if ran multiple times at this temp u might want to change the fluid.Also if track events are what u like u might want to invest in a good trans cooler.250 trans temps is most likley what caused limp mode,but 235 cht is getting up their too.

OP
OP

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yep, going to change the fluid this week as I have another track day on Friday. Anybody else running an auto trans in track day? Have you hit 250F?
Sponsored