Sponsored

Auto rev match on 2017 Mustang GT

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
Is it possible to get the Rev matching from the 2019 Mustang GT on my 2017 Mustang GT? Shouldn't this be an ECU tweak or something?
Sponsored

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
I don't have the MPVI 2 (still on the original HP unit) - so I can't see the 2018+ files in HP Tuners to take a peek at the rev match settings in the base tunes.

I really don't see anyone from HP Tuners adding it to the software, because I imagine that the parts in the 2018+ include some sort of additional separate clutch sensor that interacts with rpm and shift lever position. There's no physical parts there, for the HPT team (or SCT) to port tables over from the 18+ to the 15-17 software.

As of now, I think your best bet is: https://auto-blip.com/auto-blip

OP
OP

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
I don't have the MPVI 2 (still on the original HP unit) - so I can't see the 2018+ files in HP Tuners to take a peek at the rev match settings in the base tunes.

I really don't see anyone from HP Tuners adding it to the software, because I imagine that the parts in the 2018+ include some sort of additional separate clutch sensor that interacts with rpm and shift lever position. There's no physical parts there, for the HPT team (or SCT) to port tables over from the 18+ to the 15-17 software.

As of now, I think your best bet is: https://auto-blip.com/auto-blip
Ok, thanks for the info.

OP
OP

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
Is there any update to this? Would be awesome to have rev match on all S550 Mustangs.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The 18s have a different ECU and also some sort of sensor in the shifter itself, so no it's not possible to do on a 15-17 unless you swap out to a different engine, ECU and shifter.

If you want a rudimentary downshift rev match, you can always install an Auto-Blip box that works pretty well when braking. It's not as good as the OEM unit that rev matches anytime you shift, but it works really well when driving hard and you're slowing down for a corner and need to downshift.

Sponsored

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
Can I recommend learning to heel-toe downshift? It's very easy to do in these cars. If you want the car to do everything for you, why didn't you just buy an automatic?