Sponsored

Auto mafia racing 2018 ported intake manifold

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
While ultimately up to him, spend the time and money to do a swap that gains nothing down low over a stock intake doesn't seem worth it to me. Now if he does it and enjoys the high rpm gains during his seemingly rare visits there, then it wasn't wasted at all.
The dyno graph below is of a F150 but the same applies to the Mustang. With swaping intakes, it really depends on where you want to make power. If you want low end torque and a nice mid-range, nothing is going to touch the F150 manifold. Without question though, the Mustang with the 2018 GT manifold will be the faster vehicle. The curve below would have stayed flat all the way to 7,500rpms if the truck had a higher rev limiter.

upload_2018-12-20_13-53-23.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good stuff guys, I see what you are getting at. The 5.0 has plenty of power for a DD to lose a little HP and TQ down low, so normal driving, just step on it a little more if even needed. However when someone wants race or you just need to pass someone up on a two lane highway it sounds like it is definitely worth it! I am going to buy the non ported version from Steeda for $329 as I can not come up with the cash right now to get it ported. Thanks for everyone's replies!!!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Good stuff guys, I see what you are getting at. The 5.0 has plenty of power for a DD to lose a little HP and TQ down low, so normal driving, just step on it a little more if even needed. However when someone wants race or you just need to pass someone up on a two lane highway it sounds like it is definitely worth it! I am going to buy the non ported version from Steeda for $329 as I can not come up with the cash right now to get it ported. Thanks for everyone's replies!!!
You'll love it. I don't regret it for a second. The first time you do a 3rd gear pull to 7500 on the highway you'll be laughing.

mafiaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.AutoMafiaRacing.com
First Name
Kalob
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang 3.7 V6
Just bought one off of you guys, ported, with the lockouts. Hoping it arrives all in one piece! Couldn't turn that price down.
No worries! We remove the studs and pack the intakes in new boxes and wrap them in bubble wrap. I havent had one break since we started removing the studs. (Unless Customers drops it once its out of the box)

mafiaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.AutoMafiaRacing.com
First Name
Kalob
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang 3.7 V6
@LethalPerformance or @mafiaboss ... kind of side question to the high revving NA setup discussion, but do either of you do installs, or can you recommend an installer for an aftermarket OPG/CG? I realize the MY18 I/M makes peak power in what many would still call the "no sweat" RPM range, but I still get a _tiny_ bit concerned knocking around in the 7500RPM area (currently tuned for a cutoff about there, but still, on rare occasion, bump the limiter).

Figured I'd ask both of you since you're in Florida, I'm up in the NE corner (St. Augustine).
yes we do installs at Auto Mafia Racing. We are a full service shop. We tune our ported 18s to hit 8k frequently. They pull hard all the way to it if they have lockouts, no cats, long tubes and a good CAI like JLT or PMAS

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I just purchased one of the ported ones. With the prices already going up, I figured why not now? Hope the porting job looks great!

I grabbed the pigtails from VMP performance since they were $5 cheaper shipped. I'm going for the IMRC's active.

n2ofusion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6M
Do you need to order pigtails if installing on a 2018+? Or can the OEM ones just be re-used?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Do you need to order pigtails if installing on a 2018+? Or can the OEM ones just be re-used?
You can reuse your stock wiring if you have an 18+ and want to retain the stock CMCV. If you have a 15-17 you’ll need the pigtails if you want to retain them.

Let us know if you’re have any other questions.

Thsnks
Sponsored