Sponsored

Auto design shop Mach 1 stripe kit reviews?

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Hey folks,

I've seen the auto design shop Mach 1 stripe kit mentioned once before. Is anyone else using their product? How is the quality? Do the aftermarket stripes match the color of the OEM stripes? I'm thinking about extending my stripe to include the roof and trunk but don't want to have to take the OEM hood stripe off. Thanks!
Sponsored

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
I can only speak for the stripes with the white accent line. The white on the factory Ford OEM stripe is much more dull, not as bright, as the auto design shop white.

I can't speak for any of their other colors.

I considered going up over the roof and onto the deck lid myself, but decided against it. I have the kit downstairs in my basement if you are looking for one with the white stripe.

I am on mobile right now, but if you would like to see pictures, as best as possible, that show the difference in the color of white, I can provide those later.

Stang65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 and 65 Fastback
Hey folks,

I've seen the auto design shop Mach 1 stripe kit mentioned once before. Is anyone else using their product? How is the quality? Do the aftermarket stripes match the color of the OEM stripes? I'm thinking about extending my stripe to include the roof and trunk but don't want to have to take the OEM hood stripe off. Thanks!
Just had their Mach 1 rocker stripes installed and the appearance of the product is good and the installer said product was easy to work with also and said quality was good.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
My biggest concern having FJG is I noticed that all of the orange pinstripe vinyls are actually reflective so I would want to make sure the new ones are all reflective or I probably wouldn't want to swap all of them over being as the front fog light cut outs I put bemaro vinyls on and got them in reflective orange.

arigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 eco pp mustang
mine have been great... i got them installed and then let the graphix guy match the hood... but the rocker panel is auto design bought
PXL_20230123_193038074.jpg

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
My biggest concern having FJG is I noticed that all of the orange pinstripe vinyls are actually reflective so I would want to make sure the new ones are all reflective
I read they aren't reflective, the white ones neither too. The reflections are cool in the night.

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read they aren't reflective, the white ones neither too. The reflections are cool in the night.
My factory OEM white wasn't reflective, so not sure what gives on that. That's one thing I wish was, like the old 12-13 Boss models.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
The white stripes definitely are reflective, both on the hood and on sides too. I can see it in the night under my car shelter's LED light easily, they glow. I noticed it only in the night and strong light source around. Should be easy to see with a flashlight in the night.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Apart from the potential color mismatch, what was not mentioned so far is that these stripes are coming in layers, which needs to be applied one over another.

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The white stripes definitely are reflective, both on the hood and on sides too. I can see it in the night under my car shelter's LED light easily, they glow. I noticed it only in the night and strong light source around. Should be easy to see with a flashlight in the night.
Definitely confused now based on your two messages.
Apart from the potential color mismatch, what was not mentioned so far is that these stripes are coming in layers, which needs to be applied one over another.
True! They're not one piece as the OEM stripes are. The "MACH 1" wording is separate as well. Any competent shop can do them.

I'll post pictures below of my auto design shop hood stripes. Oh, also, the side stripes aren't 100% accurate for OEM - the front of them is different. I've posted many times on here regarding this topic. Search my history.

These pictures were also posted previously IIRC.

PXL_20230213_193738962.jpg

PXL_20230213_193837677.jpg

PXL_20230213_193745175.jpg

PXL_20230213_193818082.jpg

PXL_20230213_193909995.jpg
Sponsored