Australian spec Mustang owners photos

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am not a fan of totally black wheels, wheels with black spokes with polished rims are nice though. Classic Mustangs never really had totally black wheels and ones like the Minilite wheels on the model of Allan Moffat’s 69 Mustang (the post directly above mine) look great.

Anyway, unfortunately I can’t really justify the cost of buying new wheels, as much as I would like to have polished wheels.
Your car looks fantastic and I hope you dont mind if I copy your headlight idea (as they say, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery).

With the wheels, I bought koya semi forged in graphite and they look fantastic, also I think the semi forged or forged offer a slight handling and ride improvement which can go some way toward justifying the cost. But with yours, it looks awesome the way it is and I quite like those rims.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Your car looks fantastic and I hope you dont mind if I copy your headlight idea (as they say, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery).

With the wheels, I bought koya semi forged in graphite and they look fantastic, also I think the semi forged or forged offer a slight handling and ride improvement which can go some way toward justifying the cost. But with yours, it looks awesome the way it is and I quite like those rims.
I thought of the idea ages ago, but others have beaten me to implementing it; I am a bit slow!

I base it on the second Allan Moffat silver Brut 33 livery which I thought looked quite menacing with the dark green surrounding the headlights. As a kid it impressed me so much that I risked life and limb taking this photo while Moffat was staring me down getting ready to take off; phew!

Moffat 1974.jpg

I never thought of the implications of wheels on ride. Not too worried about handling as I don't currently do track days. Do the number of spokes a wheel have make much difference?

Anyway, as you say, mine are good looking wheels, so makes it even harder to justify changing them.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@Friend of Dorothy hey Chris that's a grin-inducing photo and background story. And a perfectly framed once in a lifetime shot under the circumstances. Well done :handsinair:

Shame it didn't capture the look on Moff's face but I'm sure both of you recalled it as a memorable moment, albeit it for different reasons :giggle:. You probably got a mention in the team de-brief.

Spokes don't affect ride but weight does, lighter wheels = less unspring weight which allows the suspension to react more quickly ie work better. Your car appears to have the forged wheel option and forged wheels are typically light compared to other manufacturing techniques ie flow forged/formed and cast.

Last edited:

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
@Friend of Dorothy

Spokes don't affect ride but weight does, lighter wheels = less unspring weight which allows the suspension to react more quickly ie work better. Your car appears to have the forged wheel option and forged wheels are typically light compared to other manufacturing techniques ie flow forged/formed and cast.
Yeah on my Jag the saving from OEM (which are very heavy with JLR wheels, even the forged options, due I think to the bad UK roads) was over 5kg per wheel from memory, and the change from OEM 19's to forged 21's made a massive handling improvement even with street use (eg direction changes coming out of roundabouts) and no impairment to the ride, though I also changed from P Zeros to SuperSports with the new rims.

Sponsored

OBGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Oxford White
My Twister Orange Stang now has over-the-top and side stripes fitted. I think the matte black tones the orange down a bit.

New stripes 1 9-8-22 b.jpg

New stripes 1 9-8-22 a.jpg

New stripes 1 9-8-22 c.jpg

Below is a prototype of blacking out around the headlamps I made from cheap vinyl that I have removed, but will re-install with proper 3M material one day soon. I think it gives the car a 'meaner' look.

Potential headlamp mask 1 9-8-22 d.jpg
I like the stripes they suit the orange.
where did you get them if don’t mind me asking ?

OzMustang S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Build 07/2018 Mustang GT 6spM (Magnetic)
Great Photo (shop?), although sadly, somewhat ironic with the threat of "Electrification" over the head of the Mustang.
Sky replacement using Luminar Neo. What the sky actually looked like on that day.
1660271811349.png

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Need a break from driving,
Yacka .jpg

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Honey I shrunk the Spoiler.......

I don't tend to take pictures of other people's cars but I felt compelled to as I walked past this today on my lunch walk in Adelaide city.....

Is this a joke Spoiler......who knows.... perhaps they need to put the shrink ray on reverse 🤣🤣🤣.

Of course I respect individual choice to do what you want with your own car đź‘Ť
20220823_125124.jpg
20220823_125118.jpg
Screenshot_20220823-134800_Google.jpg

Last edited:

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Devils Marbles NT in 3D
viewed with red/cyan glasses
marbles.jpg

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Yeah on my Jag the saving from OEM (which are very heavy with JLR wheels, even the forged options, due I think to the bad UK roads) was over 5kg per wheel from memory, and the change from OEM 19's to forged 21's made a massive handling improvement even with street use (eg direction changes coming out of roundabouts) and no impairment to the ride, though I also changed from P Zeros to SuperSports with the new rims.
On my mustang I noticed the same thing. I thought it would be opposite with the bigger rubber and the new 20's, but the new lighter wheel/tyre unsprung weight made a noticeable difference (better) in steering, and the rear sure feels like it spins up faster. Lost 4.8 kg ea. on the rears, and 3.9kg ea. on the fronts. Can't wait to get it on the track again later in the year after removing/replacing the crappy OEM fixed rubber bushes/bearings so the suspension can do its job properly without all the binding.