Sponsored

Australian spec Mustang owners photos

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Only Ford before the Mustang was my brother’s 1966 Falcon Futura Super Persuit Hardtop. I was 14 in 1966 and loved that car. My Bullitt is a vastly better car but the feeling is the same.
33D26CA8-0ADC-44BA-A7D6-EA2176736B5F.jpeg
What a stunner! :clap:

I just love the simplicity of the lines on the XP Falcon, just so well proportioned.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have driven or owned a small number of Falcons from the XD, almost all of them being garden variety sixes; liked them all. When compared to the Commodore, the press complained that the AU Falcon steering lacked feel and was too light, but when the BA came with a heavier steering weight they complimented the Commodore for its light steering!
Those VT-VX-VY-VZ generation of Commodore have THE worst steering I have ever experienced in a car. The weighting is stupid heavy, mainly because Holden figured people wanted a "sporty" feel so they made it like a truck to drive. Even then, the consistency of weighting varied as you wound through lock. It was also strangely "springy" and had a strong self-centering effect. The AU and BA Falcon steering was eons ahead is every single way. A lot of that had to do with the double wishbone setup compared to the dated strut design of the Commodore.

I have a love-hate relationship with the local press. On one hand, I absolutely loved reading about the release of a new Falcon or Commodore. On the other hand, and this is somewhat a cliche, but the bias got old.

If you think about the period where Holden had a power and performance advantages with their ability to simply take engines off the GM shelf, Ford via FPV had to create their own V8's to suit the Falcon. Through that era, Ford were always the winner in the chassis department but lacking in power from either the ancient Windsor V8 or even the peaky Boss 5.4's. The Holden would win, because POWER!!

When Ford/FPV threw the balls to the wall with the supercharged Miami V8, suddenly the media were telling their readers that power wasn't everything and that the Holden was the better all-round package.

The truth is, Commodore's from VE onwards were the better package, but the complete backflip on the whole power vs precision subject is where I started to lose interest in reading locally produced automotive media content. I think it's telling that MOTOR magazine produced its last issue this month after 60+ years.

Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
My Twister Orange Stang now has over-the-top and side stripes fitted. I think the matte black tones the orange down a bit.

New stripes 1 9-8-22 b.jpg

New stripes 1 9-8-22 a.jpg

New stripes 1 9-8-22 c.jpg

Below is a prototype of blacking out around the headlamps I made from cheap vinyl that I have removed, but will re-install with proper 3M material one day soon. I think it gives the car a 'meaner' look.

Potential headlamp mask 1 9-8-22 d.jpg

OzMustang S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Build 07/2018 Mustang GT 6spM (Magnetic)
My Twister Orange Stang now has over-the-top and side stripes fitted. I think the matte black tones the orange down a bit.

Below is a prototype of blacking out around the headlamps I made from cheap vinyl that I have removed, but will re-install with proper 3M material one day soon. I think it gives the car a 'meaner' look.

Nice pics, stripes look great.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Surely the next step is to go with black wheels?

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Surely the next step is to go with black wheels?
I am not a fan of totally black wheels, wheels with black spokes with polished rims are nice though. Classic Mustangs never really had totally black wheels and ones like the Minilite wheels on the model of Allan Moffat’s 69 Mustang (the post directly above mine) look great.

Anyway, unfortunately I can’t really justify the cost of buying new wheels, as much as I would like to have polished wheels.

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I am not a fan of totally black wheels, wheels with black spokes with polished rims are nice though. Classic Mustangs never really had totally black wheels and ones like the Minilite wheels on the model of Allan Moffat’s 69 Mustang (the post directly above mine) look great.

Anyway, unfortunately I can’t really justify the cost of buying new wheels, as much as I would like to have polished wheels.
https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-car...E_uA6V81-upQQJ1BCY3fllzcy0m31CrRoCC0IQAvD_BwE

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)