Australian spec Mustang owners photos

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
Looking good mate. Black looks so so good on the my18+.

Can i be an arsehole and politely ask why some folks hide their number plate? I don't see any illegal activity to warrant hiding it.
Thanks!

I too was curious about what info can be obtained from number plates and had a look and carsales recommended to hide when placing an ad, plus everyone was doing it, plus I heard that if you are in law enforcement or work at traffic authority of your state, your address can be looked up

I would be curious to what extent was true so nobody had to hide their plates
Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
You can add employees of certain businesses to the list of people who could potentially trace the address of your car by knowing the registration number, if asked to do so by criminals.

it is probably fairly unlikely scenario, but it is not unknown for thieves to go ‘shopping’ on social media.

I would hate to encourage criminals to the house by not being prudent and spending a little time to avoid disclosing my cars rego number.

I would be more nervous if I owned a luxury German car as they seem to be a prime target for car jacking, etc, in Melbourne at least.

01-31-21 Blackwood.jpg

shobotan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RSPEC Mustang
With regard to the number plates. I became aware a few months back, that some search engines and social media sites can pick up letters and numbers including those on number plates from photos. I did a search via Google for some plates I've had and I got a few hits from sites such as car sales and Shannon's Club which were the only places I've posted photos where the rego plate is displayed. That was enough to convince me.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
You can add employees of certain businesses to the list of people who could potentially trace the address of your car by knowing the registration number, if asked to do so by criminals.

it is probably fairly unlikely scenario, but it is not unknown for thieves to go ‘shopping’ on social media.

I would hate to encourage criminals to the house by not being prudent and spending a little time to avoid disclosing my cars rego number.

I would be more nervous if I owned a luxury German car as they seem to be a prime target for car jacking, etc, in Melbourne at least.

01-31-21 Blackwood.jpg
I have been told that with the correct software the blackouts can be removed from published photos.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
With regard to the number plates. I became aware a few months back, that some search engines and social media sites can pick up letters and numbers including those on number plates from photos. I did a search via Google for some plates I've had and I got a few hits from sites such as car sales and Shannon's Club which were the only places I've posted photos where the rego plate is displayed. That was enough to convince me.
Surely if someone (kids) wanted to steal a Mustang they would follow you home off the motorway rather than trawl social media sites.

Sponsored

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)

01-31-21 Blackwood.jpg
a couple of months ago I saw the article where a guy was listed a BMW M3 if i recall, a guy/couple of guys came to look at it and when they were test driving it, they beat him up and drove off with the car,
scary times we live in when this kind of stuff happens so hiding my number plate might not do much but id rather not have my address easily accessible to people who see my car, its no $100k+ car but still there are a lot of weirdos/unsavourys out there

and knowing insurance, im sure there is a clause that says you arent covered if you give your keys to the thief!

PS Love that Orange, my 2nd favourite colour or the lime green

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Nowhere to be and nowhere to go, just the ticket for a Sunday drive.

IMG-8620.jpg

Loving the cooled seats in this humid weather.

IMG-8451.jpg

And yes, I black out my plates. Personal choice, just feel like I should do it.
You got your tyre treads dirty!!😂😂😂

Sponsored

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
20210320-201458.jpg

I am hopeless with phone cameras, I can only use zoom and that's about it
Last night I discovered the b/w setting.

Surprised how awesome my dusty car looks!!
Might have to use this setting for every photo from now on

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Snapped today in SA’s South.
Clever plate ✅
Not a fan myself tbh.

Someone needs to introduce that guy to Mr. Lakin. His parking skills are also appalling.

Perhaps I got out on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

:yawn: