Sponsored

Australian spec Mustang owners photos

LowKey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2019 Mustang GT - 2013 XR6 Turbo - 2017 i30 SR-P.
Looks great. I took my 19 GT down a couple of dirt roads last week and I was amazed how well the Magneride smoothed out the corrugated surface, it was incredible. Did you option Magneride?
Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Looks great. I took my 19 GT down a couple of dirt roads last week and I was amazed how well the Magneride smoothed out the corrugated surface, it was incredible. Did you option Magneride?
Thanks. No, I didn’t go for Magneride. I didn’t do any research on it, and the salesperson said it would be most beneficial for track work, which I am avoiding doing, so far, only just!

At the end of the day I wouldn’t get any extra cash back when eventually trading it in, and I probably would have had to order one in, and wait. As it turned out, this car came off the boat the day before I went tyre kicking; it was way too tempting and it must have been fate :-)

Last edited:

LowKey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nevermind what car salesmen tell you, salesmen are full of crap - i know as i am one. It's fantastic for throwing it into any corner, the car stays extraordinarily flat even in hard cornering, and it smooths out bad surfaces. It's a little bumpy at times though. Forgetting that, the s550 is a well sorted chassis either way so enjoy your beast.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I have heard that others have had the same recommendation as I did re MagneRide. Without it, my car still remains flat through the corners and the rear end seems to handle bumps in the corner better than the previous model did.

January2020Twister4.jpg

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Twister and those forged alloys look great. You previously had Grabber and nickel lustres? Nice car too.

I have Gen 1 vert
Would like to drive FN coupe with and without Magnaride. with and without Recaros.

I’ve read the magnaride is better if you track it or push it hard. I drive mine like Nana, two months a year. Containerised storage other ten months. Maybe no advantage to me.

I like to keep my Mustang (s) forever. Wanna pair a hardtop with my vert. can anyone show me anything about long term maintenance/servicing/durability/costs of Magnaride.
Wouldn’t want it to end up like earlier Fairlanes with airbag electric suspension- where it became uneconomical to repair, I’m led to believe.

Sponsored

LowKey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeh it's down to how you drive it but there's a noticeable difference regardless of how you drive. Personally, when I see a mountain range i turn into a maniac so it works well for me. It's frightening how well an 18+ with Magneride and PS4Ss holds onto a sharp corner. Genuinely frightening.

They're all great though so it doesn't matter!

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yes @radar, it was Grabber Blue with nickel wheels. I still ‘cry myself to sleep at night’ knowing it is gone forever. I waited exactly one year and one day to receive it; all that anxious expectation, following the ships course across the seas, etc. Planning and hand cutting the stripes. It was like my first love.

I would have loved to have kept it, but not really practical. My first car never saw a wet road, but it sounds like you take care to an even higher level.

I am not planning to baby this one quite as much (famous last words!). Life is too sort.

You are correct @LowKey, any Mustang it a good one :-)

may_2018.jpg

Last edited:

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Can someone please advise if the 18+ have launch control, and if so, how do you find it?
Thanks

PeteS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - Orange Fury, Recaros, Magneride
Can someone please advise if the 18+ have launch control, and if so, how do you find it?
Thanks
Yes mine does. press the mustang button on the steering wheel then scroll down. Its 5th I think

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Ray @radar asked in another thread if I can put up some photos of my OF with it's "white" stripes and so as to not depart from that other thread topic I am posting some shots here. I have to clarify though that the stripes are not white but ivory or cream with a metallic silver pinstripe on the outer edge. When I was deciding on the colour I didn't want to follow the pack and have black. As far as I am aware the combination is unique. I have seen a white done on OF in the facebook group. Anyhow, I like my no. 9 pool ball as a girl in a servo once quipped.
IMG_20200115_165720.jpg
IMG_20200115_165806.jpg
IMG_20200115_165845.jpg
IMG_20200115_165930.jpg

I also had White Madness Garage make an auto shifter ball in the same ivory colour.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Ray @radar asked in another thread if I can put up some photos of my OF with it's "white" stripes and so as to not depart from that other thread topic I am posting some shots here. I have to clarify though that the stripes are not white but ivory or cream with a metallic silver pinstripe on the outer edge. When I was deciding on the colour I didn't want to follow the pack and have black. As far as I am aware the combination is unique. I have seen a white done on OF in the facebook group. Anyhow, I like my no. 9 pool ball as a girl in a servo once quipped.
IMG_20200115_165720.jpg
IMG_20200115_165806.jpg
IMG_20200115_165845.jpg
IMG_20200115_165930.jpg

I also had White Madness Garage make an auto shifter ball in the same ivory colour.
Thanks for those. Looks great, especially with those wheels. Prefer yours to the black stripes

Paul2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
Picked up a 2020 Stang with shadow pack, last weekend, is a great drive and more than enough tech gear. First thing i did was add the bonnet struts. You wonder who had the idea to put a stick in since we had struts since early 80s, surely the front bar and road impact will do the damage.. but anyway.. Getting windows tinted next month along with opti coat paint coating. Love the wheels on it saved me some money getting those changed. View attachment 429061
9CCE2E5E-40C6-47CA-BECA-74C7B3B47292.jpeg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0