goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
@goff that's looking really good mate. Did you DIY the digi dash?

@RSPEC-015 nice work and welcome back to the fold (although I suspect you never really left)
Hi Never left...... Haha ,Yes I did EME installed it , Really happy, Cheaper than a 2019 Haha
godfreys2.jpg

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Looks really nice Harry. How is your car's driveability now with all that added horsepower.
Its different in a good way, thats for sure. The way the power comes on in scary and it just climbs and cimbs. Though, I am still running it in so havnt really done any WOT but, but even so, its incredible power wise as it pushes you back into your seat even under light acceleration.

It drives just like a stock 5.0 if your just dabbling around, but once you push the pedal alittle, that is when you know your in something different.

Reactions: PKs

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
Hello,

Well, after a brief sojourn with a Volvo XC90, I finally could not take being without a V8 any longer.

The Volvo was a nice car, problem was it was a knee-jerk reaction to a big accident last year which wrote off our Territory. The Volvo I just couldn't feel the love, it was too big to move around in car parks and just sat in the garage.

I picked up this MY18 on Wednesday, gotta say, I'm very happy!!

I'll write a more detailed review later but overall it is much more refined than my previous Mustang. It feels "tighter" and better put together, panel gaps are pretty spot on.

The 10-speed is eager and likes to surge through the gears to a higher gear. I can tootle down the M4 at 1500rpm at 85kmh.

I love the digital dash, the My Mustang button and the exhaust. I'm also happy the hood vents are there and the tribars work!

The last photo is of my youngest daughter, she calls herself my "little petrol head" and loves a V8 exhaust note. She was very sad when the Black Mustang went and I cancelled my Bullitt order, but she's very happy now!!

Cheers,

IMG_2337.JPG

IMG_2336.JPG
IMG_2331.JPG
IMG_2335.JPG
IMG_2338.JPG
Sweet ride, any day you can pick up a Mustang in your PJ's is a great day.
Also love Old Mate in the background rockin the mullet...lol

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Its different in a good way, thats for sure. The way the power comes on in scary and it just climbs and cimbs. Though, I am still running it in so havnt really done any WOT but, but even so, its incredible power wise as it pushes you back into your seat even under light acceleration.

It drives just like a stock 5.0 if your just dabbling around, but once you push the pedal alittle, that is when you know your in something different.
Thanks Harry. Your setup and performance sound great. I'm envious and damn this forum for it making me think about supercharging mine. If only I had the spare cash.
Did you just get the 710 HP kit installed by Tickford or did you get other things done as well while it was in their shop. Were other superchargers considered prior to you deciding on the Tickford. I am a bit partial to Edelbrock myself but it seems Australian installers of their's are a bit thin on the ground. I have not been able to find any shops up my way experienced with the Edelbrock offerings.

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
OOOPS not sure who Harry is!!!:crazy: this ageing process is just not working for me.:crackup:

Sponsored

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
lol i found Harry/TehEno :clap: i was drooling over his pictures of his supercharger,one day i hope to get one for my stang.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Harry. Your setup and performance sound great. I'm envious and damn this forum for it making me think about supercharging mine. If only I had the spare cash.
Did you just get the 710 HP kit installed by Tickford or did you get other things done as well while it was in their shop. Were other superchargers considered prior to you deciding on the Tickford. I am a bit partial to Edelbrock myself but it seems Australian installers of their's are a bit thin on the ground. I have not been able to find any shops up my way experienced with the Edelbrock offerings.
I had my first little blip of the throttle to overtake and wowsers, it really took off. I was alittle terrified to be honest because I was not ready for the roar and the way it just shot off but I was giggling like a little boy all the way home afterwards.

I had the 710HP kit done, but I had larger injectors, pulley and other small upgrades done to up the boost to get to around 800HP. I didnt even look at other superchargers, I done alot of my own research on TickFords upgrade and having warranty was also a big deal. I paid alittle extra due to the other upgrades to keep the warranty.

I understsand everyone says that the Roush tune is limited but their latest tune is alot better and allows the SC to use the power more effectively. From talking to TickFord its about a 10% gain over the old tune. I was looking at thier other packages but I said to myself, if I am going to do this I may aswell go all the way.

I am still running it in, then I will see what else I will get done. I am leaning towards the stop the hop package from Steeda and coilovers.

I understand what you are saying, its not cheap, 20k to get it done. I traded in my BMW for the Mustang and SC pack and came out with money so I didnt take a hit, lucky there.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I had my first little blip of the throttle to overtake and wowsers, it really took off. I was alittle terrified to be honest because I was not ready for the roar and the way it just shot off but I was giggling like a little boy all the way home afterwards.

I had the 710HP kit done, but I had larger injectors, pulley and other small upgrades done to up the boost to get to around 800HP. I didnt even look at other superchargers, I done alot of my own research on TickFords upgrade and having warranty was also a big deal. I paid alittle extra due to the other upgrades to keep the warranty.

I understsand everyone says that the Roush tune is limited but their latest tune is alot better and allows the SC to use the power more effectively. From talking to TickFord its about a 10% gain over the old tune. I was looking at thier other packages but I said to myself, if I am going to do this I may aswell go all the way.

I am still running it in, then I will see what else I will get done. I am leaning towards the stop the hop package from Steeda and coilovers.

I understand what you are saying, its not cheap, 20k to get it done. I traded in my BMW for the Mustang and SC pack and came out with money so I didnt take a hit, lucky there.
Hi Harry. Thanks for getting back regards my prying into your install. I was thinking today about what a supercharger would do to my insurance. I already have an additional compulsory V8/performance excess with RACQ. Can I ask how you have gone with that.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Harry. Thanks for getting back regards my prying into your install. I was thinking today about what a supercharger would do to my insurance. I already have an additional compulsory V8/performance excess with RACQ. Can I ask how you have gone with that.
I went with Shannons, because most everyone else would not insure the car because of the supercharger and I wanted it valued at what it cost me. Off the top of my head it was $1600 per year for full cover.
Sponsored

Reactions: PKs