Australian spec Mustang owners photos

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Very nice Casper. Had mine 10 weeks now and like it more and more every day. Love EVERYTHING about it but the highway patrol have me tame lol - worse luck.
Haha... Already been followed by the cops a couple of times... Now I am paranoid... Lol
Sponsored

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Looks absolutely gorgeous Allan, I love the wheels and the wing
Thanks mate, the wing looks big from that angle but its actually really well proportioned. I feel very humbled to own one of these Mustangs... Never thought I would own anything as nice as this. The rear wheels are crazy...305's are wide as!
image.jpeg

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
Track day at Winton - recommended!

Took the car to a track day at Winton raceway on Monday I'm very happy with the performance, particularly the braking. One bloke asked me if I was supercharged! Now I need new tyres, I'm trying Cooper Zeons to be fitted on Friday. I won't go back to Winton without a proper harness. I'm too fat for recaros.
Winton Track Day242.jpg
Winton Track Day243.jpg
Winton Track Day318.jpg
Winton Track Day320.jpg

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback

Almost a year old.

Adam at Eye Candy detailers gave it a quick once over. Pleased to see virtually no swirls in the paint.

Sponsored

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)

Almost a year old.

Adam at Eye Candy detailers gave it a quick once over. Pleased to see virtually no swirls in the paint.
Thats awesome! We have had ours for just 3 weeks and I hope it looks as good as yours one year in. :headbang:

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
A phone pic from this morning that I edited today.

Our car is a Black GT that we call Drake and I love finding cool backgrounds to take random pics. This was a phone Pic from this morning. We have only had our car for 3 weeks and still cannot stop smiling :D:D:D
image.jpeg

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Are there 3 lights in your lower rear valence? It looks like 2 back up lights and a center red one.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Are there 3 lights in your lower rear valence? It looks like 2 back up lights and a center red one.
Honestly, I'm not sure if it's an actual light or just a reflector. I didn't even realise that was different to the US model :doh:

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I'm not sure if it's an actual light or just a reflector. I didn't even realise that was different to the US model :doh:
It's the rear fog.

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
Thanks mate, the wing looks big from that angle but its actually really well proportioned. I feel very humbled to own one of these Mustangs... Never thought I would own anything as nice as this. The rear wheels are crazy...305's are wide as!
So did you find the handling any different as opposed to the stock wheels?

If you go with those do you need to calibrate the pressure sensors?

Im thinking of upgrading my wheels as long as they don't impact on the cars handling.

cheers

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
What brand of tyres did you get?

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
So did you find the handling any different as opposed to the stock wheels?

If you go with those do you need to calibrate the pressure sensors?

Im thinking of upgrading my wheels as long as they don't impact on the cars handling.

cheers
Huge difference in the handling over stock. 11 inch rear with 305's and 10 inch fronts with 275's and the difference is grip! They bite down much better than stock and you feel well planted on winding roads at speed. Also noticed a decent reduction in wheel hop. The only negative might be increased risk of aquaplaning in the wet but have not experienced that yet.

Hardly noticed the 20 inch upgrade. Slightly more tyre noise on concrete roads at high speed on freeways and marginal increase in bump shock transfer. I am running stock suspension.

The tyre pressure sensors self callibrated. Do not buy them from the US, theirs are the wrong frequency for EU cars. Buy locally via Ford and you will be fine.

Would I go back to the stock rims now... Not a chance! :D

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
What brand of tyres did you get?
Pirelli P Zero's. A lot of people put shit on them but in all honesty they have been great. Soft compound so wears faster but dry weather grip is very good. They are not wet weather tyres so I am more careful in the wet but the one true wet run I have been on where you would consider road conditions as slippery was surprisingly good I thought. They also have a really nice positive ring that I presume is serving as the hinge that gives more protection for the rim faces.
image.jpeg
Sponsored