Sponsored

AUSTRALIA: 2019 Mustang. Who has one ordered and ETA?

Daved_XB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1978 RS Camaro, 1975 XB Coupe, 1972 Challenger R/T, 1969 GTO
There are a few YouTube clips out there of people showing what the "ticking" sounds like.. but I think that once you get to that stage its most likely too late anyway.

Mine isn't here yet, but my plan is to follow the engine break in period to the letter & then simply keep on top of oil changes & basic maintenance... I'm not sure that there is much else you can really do other than pull the motor apart & start upgrading internals on the off chance that you do have one of the problem engines.
Sponsored

Glenno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Mustang Coupe GT, Magnetic, Magnaride, A10. Falcon FGX XR6 Ute.
Apart from the Australian dealer I ordered my 19 Mustang through, is there any other way of checking through ford which ship my vehicle is on? Dealers delivery date just doesn’t seem right compared to other orders of the same time frame.

OP
OP

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
My car is great, but I’ve only done 900km

Is there anyway to identify if you may have one of these dodgy engines

I want to take mine to the drags soon
Not that I know of. Relevant Last six digits VIN is 148xyz

There was no clicking. It let go a VERY LOW SPEED with no traffic around. Ten minutes later I would have been on the freeway 110 probably in three lane traffic. Not not be nice to lose all power instantly like that in traffic. FA apparently has engines in stock. If it happens they offer you a new car. I wouldn’t worry too much. They’ve been great.

Five Red Lights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT manual MagneRide Recaros. Ordered
Not that I know of. Relevant Last six digits VIN is 148xyz

There was no clicking. It let go a VERY LOW SPEED with no traffic around. Ten minutes later I would have been on the freeway 110 probably in three lane traffic. Not not be nice to lose all power instantly like that in traffic. FA apparently has engines in stock. If it happens they offer you a new car. I wouldn’t worry too much. They’ve been great.

Same happened to mine. 5th gear on cruise control 110kph except i was on the highway no shoulder, fucking horrible!
Called traffic response unit to sit behind me until tow truck arrived.

Top end gone, threw a valve.
They said they’d replace the whole engine, I insisted on a brand new 2019 GT replacement, they agreed. Arriving next week.

I’d run my car in perfectly, no tick.
Ford have been superb through the whole thing. Can’t speak highly enough of them actually.
Mine was a 3/18 build.

OP
OP

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
Did yours have 1,800 Klms by any chance?

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Sorry to hear of these engines failing but very happy to hear Ford is looking after everyone.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Same happened to mine. 5th gear on cruise control 110kph except i was on the highway no shoulder, fucking horrible!
Called traffic response unit to sit behind me until tow truck arrived.

Top end gone, threw a valve.
They said they’d replace the whole engine, I insisted on a brand new 2019 GT replacement, they agreed. Arriving next week.

I’d run my car in perfectly, no tick.
Ford have been superb through the whole thing. Can’t speak highly enough of them actually.
Mine was a 3/18 build.
Just out of interest, in cases such as yours where Ford are replacing your car, do they compensate you for after market things such as paint protection, tinting and striping?

Five Red Lights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just out of interest, in cases such as yours where Ford are replacing your car, do they compensate you for after market things such as paint protection, tinting and striping?
Hey Pks,

Yeah they did, had Opticoat/tint etc..

They’re paying for my 19 to be done $ for $
Didn’t even have to ask.

Family has bought 3 cars from them in the last year so that may have helped.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hey Pks,

Yeah they did, had Opticoat/tint etc..

They’re paying for my 19 to be done $ for $
Didn’t even have to ask.

Family has bought 3 cars from them in the last year so that may have helped.
That's reassuring to hear Five Red Lights. Hoping it doesn't happen to me though, fingers crossed.

Five Red Lights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's reassuring to hear Five Red Lights. Hoping it doesn't happen to me though, fingers crossed.
You’d have to be pretty unlucky, there’s tens of thousands of these cruising around the states without issue. Usually the loud few YouTubers that make it a big deal.

They must know about the small bad batch as they replaced the car.

My issue with having a new engine was that I didn’t want mechanics ‘learning’ the 18 engine replacement on my car as it was the 1st 18 to go.
Wouldn’t have sat right with me.

Don’t even think about it mate. Enjoy it.
5 year warranty.

Sponsored

Glenno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
You’d have to be pretty unlucky, there’s tens of thousands of these cruising around the states without issue. Usually the loud few YouTubers that make it a big deal.

They must know about the small bad batch as they replaced the car.

My issue with having a new engine was that I didn’t want mechanics ‘learning’ the 18 engine replacement on my car as it was the 1st 18 to go.
Wouldn’t have sat right with me.

Don’t even think about it mate. Enjoy it.
5 year warranty.
I know you hadn’t had any performance mods done , but Incidents like this make you think twice about getting any modifications done to your vehicle whilst it’s under manufacturers new car warranty. This could of turned into a real shit fight if any engine mod were done!! (Eg: who was at fault and the wait whilst it’s being resolved).
I was keen to get the Tickford tune but have now gone cold on it, mainly due to my insurer not covering any performance mods even though I have a 5 star rating.

Daved_XB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1978 RS Camaro, 1975 XB Coupe, 1972 Challenger R/T, 1969 GTO
I know you hadn’t had any performance mods done , but Incidents like this make you think twice about getting any modifications done to your vehicle whilst it’s under manufacturers new car warranty. This could of turned into a real shit fight if any engine mod were done!! (Eg: who was at fault and the wait whilst it’s being resolved).
I was keen to get the Tickford tune but have now gone cold on it, mainly due to my insurer not covering any performance mods even though I have a 5 star rating.
I though that the Tickford stuff was actually covered by Ford under their warranty?

Glenno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
I though that the Tickford stuff was actually covered by Ford under their warranty?
So did I until I asked my dealer who contacted Ford Australia for an Answer of definitely not. Tickford are on their own.

Five Red Lights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So did I until I asked my dealer who contacted Ford Australia for an Answer of definitely not. Tickford are on their own.
Saves me asking that question, thanks Glenno.

Where is this enigma Ford Performance?

Blk19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT my19
I took delivery of my 19 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks after it arrived in the country
Sorry to hijack this thred, msweet noticed you've done some mods already to your car, have you got a recommended tuner/workshop in Sydney doing the work for you? I'm taking delivery of my My19 this weekend.
Sponsored