August 2018 Mustang Sales

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I don't care how expensive any speed shop is, I make way more money per day to waste my time modding my own cars. I leave that to Blue collar guys like you who work for less than $300.00 hour.
Lol, living here in Vegas I’ve come to know a lot of very very successful business men. Guys who when they want certain cars have to buy others to get the one they want. For example one friend wanted a particular 488 Pista, had to buy 3 other Ferrari’s to get that one. Really, Vegas has them all over and it’s not as exclusive as like LA. And this dude is sorta like you, he pays Speed shops tens of thousands of dollars to build his cars. His Huracan is built buy UGR, his other cars are crazy also. But one thing he’s told me and every other very successful business man I know all have in common or say the same..... they don’t waste their time. They aren’t on SM unless it’s business. They are not arguing with people or trying to tell other what they have.... they don’t care.. the only people that do that are posers. Since you joined and posted you always argue and crap.. so no.. you don’t have shit, you aren’t buying shit.. gtfoh
Sponsored

kiwiford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon 302, Mazda MPV V6
My take on this, is Mustang Sales this month had the 'stang selling around 40+ % more than the challenging Challenger, whose challenge (this month at least), went to the mat !!

Benjj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camero
Can we just copy and paste the posts from July Sales topic? Pretty much identical......
Glad someone else said it. This is thread #19 of the same 6 people stroking each other with the addition of YOLO coming in to :ontheloo:in the middle of the pride parade.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Straight from the urban dictionary. LMFAO!!!

YOLO - a term people should have stopped using last year.

YOLO - the douchebag mating call.

YOLO - "carpe diem" for stupid people.

You can't make this shit up!
Stop feeding the troll. This clown is a fraud, most likely works as a janitor at a GM plant - perhaps GM pays him an extra 10 bucks a week to go on Ford product sites to trash talk the company! :crackup:

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My take on this, is Mustang Sales this month had the 'stang selling around 40+ % more than the challenging Challenger, whose challenge (this month at least), went to the mat !!
I noticed that in August that FCA wasn't advertising Vin Diesel and the Challenger hardly at all and it showed with the sales drop. If Ford would advertise Mustang have as much as FCA has done on Challenger then Mustang sales would be through the roof.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Glad someone else said it. This is thread #19 of the same 6 people stroking each other with the addition of YOLO coming in to :ontheloo:in the middle of the pride parade.
You can choose to go and read something else for crying out loud. You have contributed nothing here other than to insult the people in this thread.

And by the way, what is this "Camero" that you drive? A cheap Chinese knock-off of a Camaro? Just curious.

Anyway, to contribute something useful, this was a good year against last year where the production was majorly ramping down to prepare for the redesign '18. But it is a far cry from the >10k that we saw for the first two years after the S550 showed up. It is clear that the '18 redesign, while selling solidly, has not ignited a buying fire under the pony car masses like the initial S550 a couple of years back. My take is that ~80k sales is sustainable year over year, while >100k requires something to pull in a greater buying audience these days.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Nice sales for the Stang. For all the talk of the 18 failing because of the price increase, it would seem that talk proved to be premature.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Nice sales for the Stang. For all the talk of the 18 failing because of the price increase, it would seem that talk proved to be premature.
The funny thing is it was said the Mustang only sold the amount it did in 15-17 because it was cheaper but now many configs compared to the Camaro are actually more expensive now.....

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
I think the main reason behind the sales bump is Ford increased the incentives, Ford's been stingy on the rebate money this year.

I bought mine last week and worked a deal for 0% for 72 mo and I get $7100 cash back. That's the 1st time buying a car for me where I had to argue with the sales guy to actually pay MSRP. :)

Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I think the main reason behind the sales bump is Ford increased the incentives, Ford's been stingy on the rebate money this year.

I bought mine last week and worked a deal for 0% for 72 mo and I get $7100 cash back. That's the 1st time buying a car for me where I had to argue with the sales guy to actually pay MSRP. :)

I have to agree from my purchase. Sticker was $47,720 and I ended up at $39,500. That is less than I paid for my 2015.

Last edited:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Because he can afford cars most of us can't? Most here can't compare a Mustang to anything but a Mustang. So
Allegedly, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. But most people really do not cross-shop with a car that costs significantly more, at least not in numbers that will appreciably sway sales one way or another. Mustang competes directly with Camaro and Challenger, which is why those three are reported together and those in this forum CAN compare them. If you can afford one you can afford another (within a similar price bracket).

You could argue that S550 was SO successful in that it was able to sway buyers from adjacent segments as well, like low end BMW, Nissan Z, BRZ and the like. That would be those that are looking for budget performance with as much livability, tech, and luxury as you can fit for that budget with compromises. Someone shopping for higher end sports cars or far away segments (SUVs, large family sedans, budget compact cars) have other intangibles than raw performance numbers that will steer them clear, unless they are looking for the Mustang as a track only car, or 4th or 5th car. Again, it will happen that someone will compare and cross shop, but not likely in high enough numbers to sway sales races. Camaro vs. Mustang is absolutely a valid topic to discuss, and there are valid reasons that someone would prefer one to the other. Right now, preference is largely in favor of Mustang despite its perceived disadvantages in raw, top end performance.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey