cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Uh, I have a C7 Z06.

The ZR1 is a joke, worthless with no traction.

The ZL1 is supercharged, aka my Z06.

I don't want supercharged or turbo for the track.

When I get my GT350 I'm selling the Vette.

I don't care how expensive any speed shop is, I make way more money per day to waste my time modding my own cars. I leave that to Blue collar guys like you who work for less than $300.00 hour.
Oh god, pleases leave your elitism and personal insults out of this. Keep it to the cars man, it is an internet forum where your credentials are no more credible than anyone else's. You are only making yourself look bad here. BTW, my cousin who runs multiple successful businesses and just bought a 2018 Ford GT still does his own mods and rebuilds on his cars. Because it is a passion more than a profit driven decision. You may make more or less money than me or him, and it really does not matter one bit. On to the discussion...

If you want the "fastest" stock car then you are right, the 1LE is better. But people are voting with their wallets, which is why the Mustang, with all of it's design trade offs, is winning in the sales race. More practical > more performance to the majority of the buyers. One of my best engineering professors always stressed: When evaluating which is better, the answer is almost always "It depends". Your own perspective and targets will determine whether or not your decisions are the best for the product you are designing. Ford targeted the "build in speed, but make it for the masses". It sells in higher volumes. Chevy seemed to prefer "design it for our die-hards and win performance regardless of the trade-offs". It is faster but sells in smaller numbers. Which is winning? Depends.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
So it is marketing? I've been asking the same question for nearly 3 years (4 if you count 2015 where C6G overwhelming said the 5th gen Camaro is leagues above the 6th gen Mustang) on why a car with an engine that makes no power which you have to rev to 7k rpm just to get it to move which also means more tickets, has one of the worst chassis ever to be sold, one of the slowest cars on the track, a danger to drive around, terrible ATP, terrible owners, bad interior, ugly design with a catfish front, huge reliability issues, etc outsell the far superior car which is on a different tier altogether and compared to supercars.

The only thing I could conclude is that Ford is lying about the numbers. There is no way that the Camaro or even the superior Dodge cars should ever lose to a car that is this bad.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
So more Camaros were sold this month than Ferrari. That makes them better if I follow the logic of Mustang > Camaro :yawn:

More people prefer the taste of McDonalds over Wendys? Wrong.

McDonalds has better Marketing.

In your world whatever sells the most must mean its the Best. :clap:

I guess that means Kia is a better car than a Rolls Royce?
-Sigh

try to follow... Camaro is no more a competitor of Ferrari than it is a competitor of the F22, same goes for Kia vs Rolls. Camaro is a direct competitor to the Mustang however the Mustang "eats it lunch" in sales because people prefer the Mustang over the Camaro. If trends continue the Camaro may be as exclusive as a Ferrari in terms of volume though...if that is any consolation to you.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Can we just copy and paste the posts from July Sales topic? Pretty much identical......

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
So more Camaros were sold this month than Ferrari. That makes them better if I follow the logic of Mustang > Camaro :yawn:

More people prefer the taste of McDonalds over Wendys? Wrong.

McDonalds has better Marketing.

In your world whatever sells the most must mean its the Best. :clap:

I guess that means Kia is a better car than a Rolls Royce?
Now you are beginning to understand the pretzel logic here.....

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Oh god, pleases leave your elitism and personal insults out of this. Keep it to the cars man, it is an internet forum where your credentials are no more credible than anyone else's. You are only making yourself look bad here. BTW, my cousin who runs multiple successful businesses and just bought a 2018 Ford GT still does his own mods and rebuilds on his cars. Because it is a passion more than a profit driven decision. You may make more or less money than me or him, and it really does not matter one bit. On to the discussion...

If you want the "fastest" stock car then you are right, the 1LE is better. But people are voting with their wallets, which is why the Mustang, with all of it's design trade offs, is winning in the sales race. More practical > more performance to the majority of the buyers. One of my best engineering professors always stressed: When evaluating which is better, the answer is almost always "It depends". Your own perspective and targets will determine whether or not your decisions are the best for the product you are designing. Ford targeted the "build in speed, but make it for the masses". It sells in higher volumes. Chevy seemed to prefer "design it for our die-hards and win performance regardless of the trade-offs". It is faster but sells in smaller numbers. Which is winning? Depends.
He sounds like the kind of guy that never worked for his money, or at least never had to work his way up without nepotism or some other kind of white collar handout. Maybe wrong, but the conduct is reflective.

Tl;Dr for this thread: The Mustang is selling well, and its direct competitors not so well. It's still the best overall car in segment, even if it's not the best at everything.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
He sounds like the kind of guy that never worked for his money, or at least never had to work his way up without nepotism or some other kind of white collar handout. Maybe wrong, but the conduct is reflective.

Tl;Dr for this thread: The Mustang is selling well, and its direct competitors not so well. It's still the best overall car in segment, even if it's not the best at everything.
The real question is why is income relevant here in any way? Does income correlate directly to correctness or knowledge on these subjects? I say this more rhetorically than anything, obviously it was an attempt to project superiority over others, but again, that has no bearing on the arguments here. Want to by a ZL1 based on any metric you choose? Go for it. Ford is selling more, that was the whole point of the thread. Not really debatable, though the reasons why (or why one should or should not care) are debatable I suppose.

Edit: To add to this, income is all relative. When you are arguing your point against a bunch of semi-anonymous internet posters, they may be more or less wealthy, successful or knowledgeable than you. Make your arguments through your words, that is all that really matters. By the way, I run a $4 billion dollar company that employs 6,000 people that I started in my garage... try to dispute it :p

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The real question is why is income relevant here in any way? Does income correlate directly to correctness or knowledge on these subjects? I say this more rhetorically than anything, obviously it was an attempt to project superiority over others, but again, that has no bearing on the arguments here. Want to by a ZL1 based on any metric you choose? Go for it. Ford is selling more, that was the whole point of the thread. Not really debatable really, though the reasons why (or why one should or should not care) are debatable I suppose.
Agreed. It's completely irrelevant.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I love baseball, as a game, but I am a diehard Cubs fan. Are you suggesting I should consider being a fan of every baseball team? It’s okay to have a favorite while respecting all the others. If you don’t buy the car that you’re going to enjoy driving, then you bought the wrong car.
Well said

Sponsored

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
I suspected Mustang would see a good month in August.
The 2019 Bullitt roll out caught a lot of press attention.
NYT, WSJ, MSN all did stories, they were not paid ads.
Chad McQueen got press time.
The Bullitt wakes up the echoes of what we like about cars.
I don't need 460 HP, but I want one of these anyway just because.
Click to enlarge.
Bullitt_12.jpg
Bullitt_11.jpg

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
10 Million cars, 54 consecutive years in production (even Corvette can't say that) most of the time it hasn't been the fastest in a strait line or on the track and it has killed every car in its class at least once. (With camaro soon to be a 2nd time.) If your wondering why Mustang is the best watch A Faster Horse paying attention to the car show portion then maybe you'll figure it out.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm beginning to recognize the tells for topics that don't deserve reading.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Actually income is semi important it has been said Camaro owners are typically more wealthy and therefore are able to pay a higher ATP compared to impoverished Mustang buyers which the Mustang appeals to.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Actually income is semi important it has been said Camaro owners are typically more wealthy and therefore are able to pay a higher ATP compared to impoverished Mustang buyers which the Mustang appeals to.
So true, I am so backed into a corner i own two.
Sponsored